I hate being schmaltzy. The good thing is he hardly reads my crap anymore. (That's what I think! He hasn't said much about my Nobel prize 'stories' lately.) So I can macho-ly say what's in my heart:
- You ask "How was your day?" when I come back from an outing. My days are not stressful, unlike yours. And yet you ask. I am touched.
- You buy everything that I need that I am embarrassed to ask anything else. Thank you. I appreciate every single thing you bought.
- You bring home food. You give shelter. You work hard. I am so grateful.
- You smile at me when we are seated across the table. I like that a lot. I'm glad we need not to be glued, but yet still feel the connection.
- You are okay if I don't iron your clothes. You don't make me feel lousy for not doing it.
- You pack your clothes to the laundry when there are too many to wash. You probably like the way your clothes are fresh and smoothly ironed from the laundry, but you don't DEMAND that I do it that way.
These are the little things and big things that make my everyday life so worth living. I sleep soundly at night, and I wake with happy thoughts, thanks to you..
I hate being schmaltzy.. so please don't embarrass me by saying that I am, ok?