...sometimes we think about things of the past all of the sudden. Things that are tucked safely in the cerebellum and medulla oblongata (I watch too much Grey's) and out of the blue, they just flash before our eyes? And we go, "Gosh, I nearly forgot about them!"
And they are important things!
So I better write them down here before they go play hide and seek again.
1. I was interviewed and featured in a local newspaper before, circa 1999 and 2003, twice, on some very, VERY important matters like education and fashion. It was a centre fold c/w my too-fake smile picture. Just like a playboy magazine.
2. I was interviewed and featured in a local magazine before. On some very, VERY important matters like... (I forgot what!). Yang penting, my face was in it. Yang tak penting, my smile was fake again.
3. I was in F & N oleng jus advertisement when I was in standard six along with 100 other students. I was the one, third from the right, on the 78th row..(Kakakka.. Can't even see my nostril hair ler..)
4. I was in a tv game show. Malay game show, di mana saya dikehendaki berbalas balas pantun and bersajak pajak. And I won the first round, got a Crocodile watch and some hotel vouchers
5. I was interviewed and featured in a documentary for a Salem event. They took half an hour to film the whole thing, and then edited it into a 5 minute junk.
6. I was interviewed for a Rancangan Yang Amat Membosankan for RTM 1, in which I was told to repeat what I said for about 5 times. And each time I could act as though I was saying it for the first time.
7.. oh.. and KLUE mag on designs and how much I don't know about it.
And the moment you have been waiting for......
Yes! YES! I looked like shit in all the above!
No wonder I try to forget!
And when I thought, who would watch RTM1 or pay attention to some crappy news reports, someone would tell me, "Eh, saw u on TV" or "Eh, that one you ah on newspaper?" the very next day.
But still, they are fun stuff to reminisce and to tell my grandchildren about. "You know, your ahma was once famous....."*
*Intentional bragging and exaggeration