Monday, July 20, 2009

WT.. episode ke 2

We all know that I am not very artistic.

Fine, I am not artistic AT ALL!

*whisper* I think Gooly has my genes.

He doesn't enjoy artsy stuff. We have paints, crayons, colour pencils.. all sorts of art paraphernalia because I had wanted to encourage him to be otherwise. I wanted to believe that just because I am not artistic, it doesn't mean that he can't be.

I am like a dry desert when it comes to art projects. I have admitted that we only do kitschy arts. Boring stuff like potato stamping. Even then, the shapes that I carved are indistinguishable. And remember our pathetic Autobox Transformer project? It's laughable, seriously.

My point is - I am just not a good art teacher.

This morning, I slotted a drawing time for gooly (as if we have a schedule to follow :P). He can draw something... anything in the whole wide world. (Don't say I am a digtator ah!)

He chose the underwater scene.

Cool. Anything you like, dear.

First, he drew a wiggly line across the paper. Ah.. it's the border that separates the sea and the sky. Hmm.. looks like he knows what he is doing.

Then he drew.. erm.. ah.. something that resembled a sea serpent.

Oh, it was Plesiosaur, the prehistoric sea creature.

Cool.

And then..

I heard duuk..duuk...duuk.... He was poking the paper with his colour pencil. Duuk duuk duuk duuk... Small dots appeared.

Err, what are you doing, gooly?

"I am drawing small fishes. A school of fish. They are swimming the same way. They are really small. You can't see them. You need a magnifying glass. Wait, I get you a magnifying glass. "


Chartoe yang teramat chartoe.

Haih.. I dunno. He doesn't like to draw? He doesn't know how to draw? He is being lazy? He is being creative? He's sneaky?

When he brought over the magnifying glass, I was thinking, "Seijaipau! Kew nei wak hoisin, nei wak mud yeh? Hai mai oi rotan??!" BUT I held my tongue for a moment.

And then I look through the magnifying glass and said, "Ya, I can see the fins."

And he went on about underwater sea creatures facts which can make many jaws drop. He knows a lot, but he doesn't draw. So, that's WOW and SIGH at the same time.

Anyways, I reckon Art is supposed to be fun. Art is subjective. Art is about creativity. I don't want to restrict whatever creativity by making our art time a torturous one.

Art may not be his thing, but at least he found a way to finish his project. And he said A SCHOOL OF FISH! And he knew they always swim the same way. C'mon! Cut him some slack! He guna his kepala hotak okay! (though not in a good way)

Having said that, I am not sure how I will react if the teacher in school tells me his 'kuwak' stints next time. Oh, I can always say, "You are the teacher, you deal with it!"

Kwaa..kwaa..kwaa..kwa...

12 comments:

Truthful Sinkar said...

bluff audience one.. the magnifying glass no battery issit? how come no difference one (compare gunipok hand on/off the magnifying glass)..

ohh.. wanna be a dictator and force us to believe ah..??

goolypop said...

hahah..the magnifying glass was rm2..ngji got difference from those rm200 or not one? How much is yours? Neh, u use to sinkar young girls while holding their hands and tell about their future one leh?

mistipurple said...

haha. he chartoe you he will also chartoe teacher. so kwaakwaakwaa. enjoy future days.

Reanaclaire said...

no comment, i m "artless" too.. not as creative as gooly .. no small fishes or fins.. never use magnifying glass also..

goolypop said...

misti, reaaly kisilang!

Wan to cekik, but kenot..

wan to rotan, but shouldnt..

Anjua..?

goolypop said...

claire, not yet lorfar ka u? guud hoh?

A school of fish said...

what 'school'? I never attended school !!!!

'screw' is it?

Raynebow said...

He's not creative with crayons, neber mind la... he's creative with words, that's good enough, in my books! Don't be so tham-sum la!

goolypop said...

Sekolah Jenis Kebangsaan Ikan Kekek,

"Screw" is sejenis alat whose partner is the spanar.

faham?

goolypop said...

Raynebow, ng tum sum... ng tum sum... (gooly, pumping 200 times! and then hafal sifir until 100!)

tasy said...

why we need to learn art? so important meh? need to score A to do what wor? khau lui ah?

goolypop said...

gg, art is to release tension....

When got constipation, pakfung si har wak kung jai...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background