Thursday, July 9, 2009

Komplen

Dear Gooly,

Here's the deal: when life throws you shit, you eat it , you flush it. You don't complain, you don't call up radio stations, you don't write to Thelma, you don't JUST cry.

YOU DEAL WITH IT.

YOU DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

YOU SOLVE IT.

Geddit?

Love, Mahmee.


****
Ok, the shit analogy is not great. But he gets the drift. After 4.5 years living on the same planet as other homo sapiens, he is finally attempting to break from the norm.

Yep, the norm of complaining. Sit and complain. Shit and complain. Cry and complain. Whine and complain. That's what humans are best at.

Because we are an alien family, we do not want to complain like the human race, do we? *ahem*

Here's what happened. Papah has been very busy this week. (This is a statement. It's not a complaint.) Gooly misses him. Say, how come I don't get to be missed? (This is a query, not a complaint.)..

Anyways, they haven't seen each other for days. I promised that when he awoke this morning, papah will be back. But then papah had to leave for work early. So Gooly missed him again. Today is the 3 rd day since he last saw him.

Naturally, he woke feeling dissapointed that Papah wasn't around. AGAIN. Because we aren't allowed to wallow in self pity, I asked,"What do you want to do to make yourself feel better?"

He picked up the phone and dialed the 10 digits number (which I have problem remembering.)

Hello? Papah?

Where are you? Working? Office?

The pool is too cold.

Yeah.. I know..

You know what..?

I love you.. Are you coming back tonight? Ok, I will wait up.

I miss you too.

Ok, bye..

I was brushing my teeth, eavesdropping. Smiling with a mouthful of Darlie foam isn't quite attractive. Nonetheless, I am sure the recipient of the caller was also beaming.


Gooly was all cheery after the call. Ah.. that boy had a problem, he dealt with it. There was no tears.

Now, there is nothing to complain about that, eh? (except that HOW COME I DON'T GET TO BE MISSED?)

6 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

u r not missed cos u r with him all the time.. haiyah.. .like that also wanna test my IQ... our iq..
go for a trip for 1 day without gooly.. then u know who miss who... i bet u miss him more than he misses u..

The Seasonal One said...

Of course he will miss you. Worst than Papa. You just wait and see. Surely got chance one.

nvr been missed by him said...

claire, that day, he followed my mom and bro to cameron. I joined after a few hours. He nvr hiew me.


I should have just not go, rite?

Yipeeee! said...

EW, :) thats comforting! Let's wait.. another 10 yrs? Haha...

tasy said...

I want to file a complaint.

You are right. I should do something about it.

*digging for placards material*

want to join me in my picket? shall be fun!

Union worker said...

I was thinking maybe the eat the shit approach suit u better.... But! Picketing is fun! Wat r we fighting for? Liberal sex? Housewife equality? Save the Spermwhale? Or the right to mope n blog every day?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background