Thursday, June 10, 2010

Gooly impatient

Two of the most common phrases you hear from Gooly's mouth are:

a. I can't wait
b. Why so long?

(a) isn't exactly in a cutesy tone where he asks about Christmas ... (b) has nothing to do with the length of his 'pennies'.

So yep.. Gooly is vedy vedy impatient which irks the the bejeesusssss out of me.

Last week, he wanted to have pizza. He asked Pizza from Nainai. He said he needs pizza or he is dying of hunger. He needs it now. Can't wait for the drive. The drive from school to Pondok Pizza is too far.. too excruciatingly far.....He moaned and twisted and frothed.

Yesterday, at 12 pm, he said he wanted to feed the fishies. He didn't care the park is deserted.. he didn't care it was too hot. He didn't care I yelled at him.

.........

I used to be very disappointed whenever he acted up. I had very high standards, what to do.

But now... I feel liberated because I can actually blog about this and have a big grin on my face. What a relief! I have been constipated with this fear of punishing him too much for a while now.

I do still lecture him.. but nothing too lengthy. Try to keep it short and stern without making him overtly guilty.

I think we can survive better this way.

@@@@@@

So.. I had told him, "I don't want to hear i-can't-wait and why-so-long anymore."

And of course, he said I CAN'T WAIT and WHY SO LONG even louder.

I glared at him.

And he said, "I was not talking to you. I was talking to the fan, the wall, the door..and myself. And.. I was only joking."

*breathe in breathe out*

Did I say I will survive motherhood? To be alive, I am pretty sure.. but to be in good mental health, there is still a big question mark.

5 comments:

tuti said...

hahahahha, 'to be in good mental health' is another thing.
that is so so true.
but you are doing good.
those who aren't, would have hung their child up on that cactus tree long ago.

Reanaclaire said...

gooly is right.. he was not talking to u..
what a smart boy!

Sinkar Kong Sisat said...

how abt when he says 'mami ur working time why so long? i can't wait for you to come back and give u a big warm bear hug...

how?

goolypop said...

tuti, cannot find cactus tree big enuff to hang him jek.. :P

claire, yoh...smart ah? young young already pandai jawab..Not 16, 17 only can meh?

Sinkar, then I will say, "Dun try to sinkar me arrr..."

smallkucing said...

sobs..my monkey also started to learn how to glare liao :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background