Saturday, March 21, 2009

To the park! To the park!

When was the last time you cycled? What? The time when BMX was IN?

Ha? When a bell and a front basket were parts of the the bicycle?

Tsk tsk tsk! Poor you.

Cycling is fun. I like the wind rustling against my hair. I also get a tingling feeling of freedom as I move from gear one to three. (Eh, like BMW convertible pulak! Heheh!) So anyways, we went to the park, where you could rent bicycles of all sorts, cheaply (information stole shamelessly fr. EW :P)

This is what we saw upon entering the huge park.

Sorry, Liucas and Miucas, you cannot go. Thais go right.. We foreigners blur blur also go right.


Wow! So many bikes! Gring gring! Some cyclists were quite steady with gf/bf in tandem. Some a bit lintang pukang. Some jatuh longkang.

After a while, we couldn't see where we could hire our bikes. Ish! So I asked a kind lady who said, "VERY FAR...." Sial, man..

She was kind enough to let me use her bike to the hire stand. OK, let me explain my situation here. It involves some mathematics. Bring out your calculator.

* there were three of us; papah, me and gooly

* there was ONE tandem bike

* the ultimate objective was to return with two big bikes and one small one

So how?

1. Papah and I go ber-romantik, while Gooly waits for us at the toilet? Then we reach the hire stand, get one bike, and then we cycle back to Gooly who still doesn't have a bicycle? I don't think so.

2. Papah and Gooly go to the hire stand, while I eat ice cream near the toilet? Then they hire the small bike, and then cycle back, and papah and I are again left with no bike. Uh-ah..cannot also.

3. Mahmee and Gooly go on the bicycle? Will the tyre puncture? Of course NOT!

That we did, which I didn't know why, cos again, we will cycle back with one small bike, return the big one, and Papah and I will be bikeless still, right?

Anyways, Gooly was getting impatient. So what the heck, option 3 it is! Hop on and hold on tight, Gooly!

Wahlau..hard to control, wokeh! It was so wobbly, and he kept on yelling, "Wooh, woh..slow down slow down.." when I was going like..what 10mph??

After a while, he said,"OK, I'm not scared anymore.." and then "Woah woah woah..slow down.." again. Geesh!

And you know what? We still couldn't find the hire stand! Kik sei ngor! He was visibly upset, and started crying. Aiyo, but how? And truthfully I was a bit apprehensive about the undang undang jalanraya which I doubt he will follow. Skali jatuh inside the pond, how?

So we went back to point A, returned the bike to the nice lady who was shocked at how dumb/blind we were. Luckily there were some activities nearby to placate Gooly.


We painted a raynebow (ops, copyrighted ah?) - coloured triceratops. And then we went by the pond to paint again.


The reason ultraman looks a bit haunting and bloody here is because I spilt the paint while holding so many things (camera, bag, towel, water, chips). He painted a bit and got bored, or rather got more interested in the packet of chips. So I rectified my spills. Babababrrruuum.. (it's trumpet sound, okeh?)


I want to dedicate this painting to Michaelangelo, Leonardo and William Snakespear

Papah suggested that we leave the painting there. Mmm, meh yi si? Not nice meh? Anyways, I think it's quite cool how parents can spend quiet evenings here watching their kids paint or conteng (in Gooly's case).


We walked further, and oh, someone was telling a story to a crowd of eager kids. The backdrop says something like a mobile library. Look, books aplenty for the kids to read. That's nice. Unfortunately, they were all in French.


And that's when I realised, Thais love their kids. That's why they have so many parks and activities for them. These are all very healthy stuff done in an al fresco manner. Malaysia mehyou der.. where got... tarak wan..

We love Malaysia. Does Malaysia love us to create all these for our kids?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

the solution is simple..

3 of u naik the basikal and cycle slowly to the rental point. then rent 1 big bicycle and 1 small bicycle.

Now u got 3 bicycles.. cycle all u want. By the end of the day baru go back point A and return the bicycle to the lady lor.

If the lady sudah balik lagi best. Bring the bicycle home.

tasy said...

first thing first.
the sign does not mean dogs are not allowed. it's saying "dogs on leash" are NOT allowed. poor sign-reading.

secondly. what you mean by "skali jatuh into the pond"? you are supposed to jatuh inside the pond, dunno!

thirdly. the painting obviously look like the works of a pak-chi. considered nice also loh. :)

4ly, french books?? hahha.. that part i laffed.

(nola.. i laffed fr beginning till end)

the end

p/s: i see ada berpantun here again.. sinkar, show your talent!

goolypop said...

Nur Ainstain,

Firstly, I need training. Unlike u, I was not born in the circus. How to ride 3 togeder?

Lastly, we came on motorbike, how to bring basikal home? Whould gooly saikel home?

goolypop said...

GG,

Uno - no wonder I dun have lesen laa! Undang fail!

Duex - Read comment to cik nur above. Dun tell me, u born in circus too?

Tres - artists are often insane

Quarto - si vous plait?

Uno, duex, tres, quarto, gor, lak, chit..

I am so darn clever..

Winn said...

now he still duunno how to go online of coz u can watch him paint. next time hor, both or 3 of u will go starbucks for the wireless togehther gether..hehehe..


msia no lub us. msia lub teru no lub liucas. sigh!

goolypop said...

winn, gum ma yew 3 ka kei? Gum tai biz meh?

teru and liucas will belap here..bring them over~

*heat up stove*

Anonymous said...

i so the miss bkk lahhh. their parks r to die for. by d way..which park u go?? i like the park near to emporium and also lumphini park too. srinakarin got park meh? thai parks r cool...so unlike those fake...bandar utama park huh?

boyfren lu masa USM....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background