Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I can feel the earth move..

..under my feet..under my feet.

You know that song?

How about ice ice baby? (thanks, winn! ;) )

Earthquake and ice. What could it mean?

?

?

?

We went ice-skating lorr..

First thing first, the passes were expensive. I was very reluctant to hand over the 400 Baht. In slow motion, I was dipping my hand into my bag while thinking what excuses to tell Gooly:

A. Aiyaaa! Children below 5 cannot go!

B. Aiyoooh! Today not open!

C. Alamak! I want to pangsai..

D. Aiyer...

My thoughts, lies, cheats were interrupted with his "Hurry, Mamah!"

So reluctantly, I paid. While at the counter, Gooly's eyes went straight away to the medals on display in the glass cabinet.

I ushered him over and got our skates.

Gooly's so cute, mine like Star Wars Troopers'. Blek.


So ngam, he was so colour-co-ordinated.


Yau Ying Yau Foon~

He insisted on a helmet though I didn't expect him to crash his head. He must thought very 'yau ying'. Wanted the knee and elbow pads too, but the conditions were ..uhm.. let's just say, they looked as if a soi dog have chewed on them. So I said, "No need no need" haughtily while muttering, "Fesen show meh?"

Once inside the rink, he went, "Woah woah.. I ..dun...like....this...woah...woah..." while holding on to his dear life.

An American lady, slightly 8 and also very helpful came over and assisted. She instructed that Gooly walked on the rubber-matted floor first. She hinted, "Head not so big, don't wear so big hat." Before skate, must learn to walk first.

So Gooly went bersiar siar on the rubber platform. After a while, he relaxed a bit and we went into the rink again.

Guess what?

"Woah woah..woah... I dun...like...this...woah woah..." all over again!

Ok la ok la.. you sit there, and watch Mahmee perform. *ahem*

First, I was gliding, holding on to the sides. And then... "Look ah bu, no hands! no hands!" And then a loop jump and a pancake spin (whatever those are!!) Acah je.. I was just gliding well, with Gooly cheering me on, "Good job, mama!"

"Go another round mama!"

You want to come join me?

"No thanks! You are doing greeeat!"

Hoi! Buang duit saje ini budak..

Gooly, the cheerleader

But I didn't force him to participate because to me, ice-skating is a gender-biased sport. I bilang sama lu, one boy was wearing those tights circulating the rink, with a perpetual grin on his face, with bird flying movements.. The whole time I am thinking, ice-skating is meant for sweet young darlings..not B-O-Y-S. Ice-hockey, by all means. But fluttering movements..aiyoyo..yannadey?

I went around the rink a few times, and saw lil goolypop mumbling to himself to the 'chin rest' of his helmet. Pretend F1 driver speaking into microphone la tu...Haiya, jom balik la since he sat there ngong kui kui...

While exiting, he had the cheek to ask, "Where to collect our medal?"

D'oh!


See the face? So triumphant-looking. Majiam ler he really went skating.

And oh..the earth didn't move after all. :)

My 400 baht...gimme back my 400 baht......*waaaaah*

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

i tot the earth was tearing apart when i was half way doing my figure skating....so that was gunipok's mama ar?

gunipok u dont fui sum, iceskating is a safe sport & can get to knw a lot of lengluis geh..if u go for ice hockey har? bird-bird kena hit how???? lor meng!

Anonymous said...

Before going into the ice skating, the first lesson is to take up skateboarding and break some bones. After 5 years, baru go into ice skating..

Cheers.

goolypop said...

michelle,

Sock sing ballet class, hoe moe? Wai jur sik lui jai...

btw, r u michele yeoh's sister?

goolypop said...

Tony Helang,

By then he will be 11, eh no..7..eh no..10?..wats 4 + 5?

goolypop said...

Tony Helang,

By then he will be 11, eh no..7..eh no..10?..wats 4 + 5?

goolypop said...

Tony Helang,

By then he will be 11, eh no..7..eh no..10?..wats 4 + 5?

Anonymous said...

Goolypop, the way you stand upright with your lutut slightly bent, i can just sense that your talent is hidden. Come learn with me!

tasy said...

Can't you all see, every baldi?

before the baaag.. yau moe hui gum dor gai gai?

just wanna strut her bag and "fiddle" with it when the right time comes!

fiddle wor! hoh!

tasy said...

wah.. coach seikwei yaniama also a gardener, also in ice-skating? no wonder you lum him so much la..

goolypop said...

GG, phew.. i tot you were gonna say, before the baaag, got so stingy not? hehehhe...

Sergei is russian ler.. Selling sushi next door geh..hahahah!

Reanaclaire said...

berlagak only this gooly mama... i know u know how la.. u went for overseas training ma... dont hv to act...

conclusion:
memang i jeles..sengek jeles..tau..
bila nak ajar i ? i want gooly together with me.. not so malu ma..

goolypop said...

claire, ye..thailand is ourseas leh...

teach you ah.. can wan.. Dun harap that gooly..he sit there onli wan..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background