Sunday, March 29, 2009

Quantifying L.O.V.E


When he was younger, our bedtime ritual consisted of countless books and then some declarations of love.

It was quite simple initially.

"I love you 100%" I would say, and he would UP me, by saying he loves me 200%.

These days, he is getting more wary about numbers. No phobia yet (like his mahmee). He just likes to quantify his feelings.

"I love you ONE HUNDRED THREE SIX EIGHT, " he confessed.

That will be 100368, if my math teacher taught me correctly.

To him, the huge number reflects his gargantuan love. When he asked me how much I love him, I teased by saying, "FOUR."

"FOUR what?"

"Just FOUR." (though I was tempted to confuse him more by saying 4 Kilos)

"That's not enough."

"Ok, how about a billion?" I introduced a new word.

His grin grew wide. "Ok, I love you 30 billion and THREE FIVE NINE then."

The battle went on until....

....infinity.

Oooo...yes..infinity..that ought to solve the problem.

I love you infinity (of course "I love you infinitely" is grammatically correct, but let's not confuse him more, shall we?)

How about a quote from Captain Buzz Lightyear to end this love story?

"To infinity and beyond.....!"

8 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

yr infinite love wows .. r u referring to papah or gooly??? either way, i m jeles..
my girl only said "BIG MUCH" last time.. no numbers..

tasy said...

gooly sure smart. he knows his mama is poor in maths.

Phythegoras said...

ONE HUNDRED THREE SIX EIGHT most likely is 100.368

100368 is ONE HUNDRED THOUSANDS AND THREE HUNDRED SIXTY EIGHT.

Bonus: 30 billion and THREE FIVE NINE most likely is 30,000,000,000.359

However, in mathematical terminology, there is no ONE HUNDRED THREE SIX EIGHT or 30 billion and THREE FIVE NINE. This is considered mathematical grammar error.

goolypop said...

Claire, 'big much' a lot easier to understand..

goolypop said...

GG,

u talk vege better la..

:D

goolypop said...

phytegoras,

well noted.

Will a calculator solve gooly's misunderstanding?

cupid said...

my arrows not enuf...L:(

goolypop said...

cupid,

u got check ur arrow terbalik moe?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background