Saturday, March 14, 2009

Stories he draws

Upon retrieving his art paraphernalia, we have resumed our activity of churning out kitschy pieces in our new home.

It's always the same thing he draws; dinosaurs of all kinds breathing fire at innocent creations. (Gooly oh gooly, dragons breathe fire laa, not dinos!)

Sometimes I challenged him to draw something more extraordinary.. perhaps a dog?

"Can you draw a dog?" I teased.

"Caaaaaan!" (speak of being confident)

"EASSSY" (speak of being 'lansi')

Tadaaaa!



It must be a beagle, judging from the size of the floppy ear. Oh, it is leashed too because he didn't want it to bite the other dinosaurs. D'oh!

And he continued adding other necessities for his creatures. Look, a tree which bears apples!


That's Papah Dinosaur (long necked) and baby dinosaur (which looks more like an ant)

"How come they are black, and not red? Are they rotten?" I queried.

"No. They are magic apples," he explained.

"I wonder how they taste like," I prodded.

"Like durian, " he smiled. (He knows how much I love them.) :)

And then the plot thickens. Or rather kids are good at humoring adults. They seem to have the whole plot in their mind, only that they don't realized it until asked.

Me: Wouldn't it be easier if you drew a durian tree instead? (if you had wanted it to taste like durian, kan?)

Him: No, no, no... they are magical. There are blueberries in that tree also AND (as if I ought to know) when a dinosaur eat it, it can transform into another kind of dinosaur.

Me: Wah! If I eat, then I become what?

Him: Nothing. You are not a dinosaur...

-_- Chartoe.

You see how Mahmee encourages him to be sortsortdei? Picasso he is not, Enid Blyton.. maybe?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

berry gud berry gud. the dino with fire I think somehow I manage to send this "idea" to him across many lands and oceans, because that's what I drew in my notebook too!

goolypop said...

mc egg.. ooo..so it's ur fault :P

mistipurple said...

so cute your baby.
that makes life worth living. ;)

Winn said...

tell gooly durian will grow into a pok-Q-pine

goolypop said...

misti, aik? welcum back! Got ur definition of life here? Of all places.. haha!

goolypop said...

winn, tak cukup headache ke? His mind very the mess up oredi one woh.. esp after meeting u guys :P

Anonymous said...

is tht a dog shagging a caterpillar?

Anonymous said...

aiyoh. your gooly is superduper cute leh... his drawing is also super cute. geram.

goolypop said...

dr.sinkar, r u using freudian theory or sinkalogi?

I think it's an ant walking on a tightrope..

goolypop said...

toughie, heheh..thanks mama! :)

goolypop said...

sinkar, oooo.. u meant the other dog. Ya ya..that dog notti with cucumber..

His drawings hamparang look like dog to me.. got a bit confused there..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background