Sunday, March 29, 2009

The hero saves another day..

Dilarang membawa sampah sarap (James Bond bag included)

When we swim, we bring UNnecessary tools like the wrench, the robot hand, the flute, etc. Every morning, he schemes through his prize possessions and decides what to bring to the pool.

"Is this wooden?"

"This one got battery not?"

"This will get rusty not?"

Every single day, I am interrogated.

Yesterday it was Robot Hand's turn. You know, the one that goes kiap kiap kiap. (Something that comes in handy for left-hand car drivers to extract parking ticket on the right side, according to Prof. Sinkar Einsai)

On days when the pool isn't so crowded, I let him bring the Moon. But yesterday, crowded indeed it was. I got apprehensive.. I didn't want him to accidentally hit the other kids with THE HAND. I requested that he leave it at the side of the pool, which he didn't object.

When it was time to go, eh..? Hilang woh! Cham laaa.. Where did The Hand go?

"There, there..the kids are playing with it, Mahmee.." he shrieked.

Cham laaa...My Thai is so mediocre, I didn't even know how to start the conversation.

Oi?

Elloh?

Woi?

In the end, I just shot him a nervous glance and spoke truthfully, "How should we ask it back?"

"Let me do it.." he shrugged.

*swoons* My little hero walked heroically to them...

"Excuse me, can I have it back, please?" he put out his hand.

The kids understood and offered feeble smiles as a gesture of apology.

He walked back to me, chest protruded, feeling some-what triumphant, and a little 'lansi'.

"It was easy, mamah.."

Yalah yalah..you pannai la!

3 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

siapa punya genes ? mahmee or papah?

Anonymous said...

claire,

No need to ask punya..... Papah genes.

Mama....papah no sales so help you reply yr blog

goolypop said...

ya ya..papah's genes. The part he likes to bring lapsap to the pool.

Papah no sales, come home larrrr!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background