Monday, March 9, 2009

Tiba tiba..

Prior to going back to KL (end Nov - end Feb), Gooly and I spent all the time together. Not by choice. :P

He was with me 24/7. I knew him inside out (like all mothers of their offsprings), as the Chinese saying goes "knowing what he is up to with a stroke of his tail". For example, he squatted when in actual fact he wanted to pangsai. He asked, "Whose?" when he wanted whatever you are eating.

Whilst in KL, both of us had a 'choice' of abandoning THE SHIP. He wanted out from my '5 ji san', I wanted to be sane again. It's always like that, eh? When we have a choice, we abandon! trust our 'fakuatloong' with the nanny, our mother, mother in law, father, father in law, maid etc. while we go gallivanting, ber-jolly merry with pals.

And that I did. (not every day lah!)

Fast forward to present.. upon reaching Bkk, I realised he doesn't fit into his shoes (3 pairs!) and Pjs anymore. Suddenly he seems so gargantuan! Really 'tiba tiba'... Like, "Eh, where was I for the past 3 months?" Like, I was there, but not there?

He now tak dengar cakap. He now is more brash.

He now asks, "Why? Why not? Why not now? Then when? How come? How come now? Why not later?"

He now speaks a few decibels higher than it's needed.

That rascal.. Part of my speeches these days are: "Last time you _________ (so good boy, listened to me, not notti ), now you __________ (so notti, don't listen anymore, kanasai )




***

On the upside, he now reads.

He washes his own arse.

He is confirmed, not a marionette. Thug thug, pull pull all don't work anymore.

He now very lansi-ly walks without holding on to my hands.

Am I obsessed or what? I wondered how does Papah stand not witnessing all these 'growing up' phases. He merely shrugged and said something along the line of, 'wah so big already..' without a pinch of remorse. Tak sentimental langsung!

On the other hand, I was there but not 'fully' there (my absence due to some 'unavoidable' evening soirees), and yet I felt I have missed something.

Tell me, will it get worse? As in, ONE FINE DAY, suddenly I will realise his voice has gone down a few octaves or his facial hair resembles Osama?

If me, a full time mom feels the void, I cannot imagine those who have maids and babysitters. Do they have a diaper-ed baby one day and a tattoo-ed man the next?

Haiya..Only this pose remains the same... -_-

Uuuwuah..... where has my baby gone?

2 comments:

tasy said...

Tai kor jai jor lor.. dun need mahmee lor..

sei-mei? still wanna go back kl clubbing moe?

goolypop said...

GG - club head that club ah?

*Pok sei lei..*

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background