Saturday, May 23, 2009

Time to spare!

The other day, I thought I was supposed to meet a friend at 4pm.

I was there at 4pm. Tardiness is never a problem of mine.

As it turned out, she was still at the office at 4pm, can't leave till an hour later, and thought we were meeting only when she calls while I thought...bla..bla.. bla..

It was a case of major communication breakdown.

So there I was, sipping my Ipoh White Coffee, and she texted, "Sorry. Angry ka?"

You know what? I wasn't.

It's just another idle hour with Gooly. It could be that I enjoy his company most of the time, or that the share market doesn't fluctuate that much with or without my presence. So I really don't mind that I had to while that hour away.

Many believe and live by the concept of "they are there to get us!" ; that the human race exists to give them a hard time. They come late so that you solidify and become a statue , they turn on the music so loudly so you turn deaf..and sometimes they even plot your death so they can inherit your handbags.

Preposterous? To me, yes. No one is out there to get you, for goodness sake!

At least that is what I'd choose to think. Chill la, babe.

Have I achieved the status of stoicism? Far from it.. I do give the occasional grunts and grumps. But I hardly think I am being treated like a doormat.

Maybe it's the friends that I choose to have. I know they don't deliberately cause hurt and malaise.

Maybe I accept people for who they are. Some are stingy, some are freaks, the rest need lobotomies. If you accept the confusing dichotomy in me, it's fine how you want to be.

Or maybe even simpler, I just have time to spare. (No dime, though :P)

Hence..

*Be late, but apologetic.

*Jump Q, but let me know why.

*Honk if you must, but crash into the pole later.

(The last is governed by my occasional whim :P)

Yay! I am great at NOT multiplying carcinogenic cells. Yay! I am gonna live to a 100!

6 comments:

toughcookie said...

i feel the same way la babe. i think kan it is also due to the fact that our lifestyle now (being a SAHM) makes us more patient and relaxed... nothing to rush anyway since we always bring our child with us wherever we go kan.

and yes, the fact that we know who our friends are. i have one who's never punctual while i would always be super early... but you accept them as how they are.

Raynebow said...

Eh...when r we supposed to meet ah?

tasy said...

I waited for you from dawn to dusk yesterday at the red light corner, holding steadfast to our "pat kin pat saan", and you still didn't show up!

nevertheless, i am not angry at all with you.

gooly said...

beskot *high five*

gooly also said...

raynebow..u go by letter R or T? if the latter, then have to wait longer lor..:P

Next week, i will be back..:)

goolylagi said...

GG, it was red-light district where u work....not traffic light..durr...

can i be angry with you?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background