Wednesday, May 20, 2009

4 turning 30

It's very common to be asked: Wei, when is your second one coming ah?

This I do not have the answer. Sometimes I bullcrap my way out of the question. Sometimes I lay out arguments. Sometimes I blatantly lie (either NEVER! or TOMORROW!, depending on who is asking, time of the month and mood of the day)

So many have given up hope on me. Like my family members or close friends, they don't ask me anymore. Instead they think a sure-win approach will be using Goolypop as THE NEGOTIATOR.

"Gooly, you want a baby sister or brother not?"

*pik pok pik pok, my heart thumping*

During the last interrogation (3 mths back), he had naively said, "Yes!" without really understanding the whole meaning of having an additional member in the family. (Gooly, it's not buying 'sawi' in the market, okeh? It's not cheap and non-refundable, okeh?)

This time round, he has his fair share of questioning again by well-meaning people.

So what is his reply?

a. YES!
b. NO!
c. I dunno?

Because Gooly is 4, turning 30 this year..his answer naturally is none of the above.

He hugged me around my big barrel my waist, and said, "You decide.."

Awww.... It sounded to me like he was saying, "Hey mom, no pressure! You decide! It doesn't matter if ahma, ah kong, papah, the neighbour, the vegetable seller or I want it. The important thing is YOU want it.."

That, of course...OR..

He probably sensed my non-committal grunts whenever the question is placed on my shoulder. So he is not saying yes anymore.

OR

He probably thought it's unfair to say he wants, when he is not exactly the one who will get inseminated. So he better 'taichi' the task back to me.

OR

He probably decided that he should not be used as a guerilla war weapon. "Dont make use of me. Hmmph!"

OR

He probably did not want to be responsible making an ultra heavy decision, because after all, "The baby can fit in your stomach, not mine.."

OR

He probably made better sense, "I am not the bread winner. I got no milk. I cannot change diaper. Che! Why ask me?"

"You decide.."

The wise words of a 4 year old (turning 30) which ended the discussion of a heavy and not exactly interesting topic.

Ah... that little man.. growing threefolds every year. Next year he will be 40.. He will probably be asking me to relax more, go for vacations while he goes to school.

Dream on, babeh..dream on.

6 comments:

Raynebow said...

Aiyorr... he's only 4 la...give him a break, LOL! Why u want him to grow old so fast leh? :P

goolypop said...

Raynebow, as if i want, he jiau grow... He's born ahead his yrs la..has always been. Loe-peang doe sei..

sinkar sifu said...

LOU YAN JING

goolycalculates said...

sifu,

well, u can say:
a. mature
b. clever
c. pannai
d. smart

pinpin u choose 'lou yan jing', mok fei you is 50 yrs old?

tasy said...

OR...


he's talking to the baby inside you (becoz you look like you already pregnant jor)

You decide!

goolymamaagain? said...

GG

vomit..vomit...omg...vomit...vomit...omg....vomit...

nei yew fujak gaa...omg... yau nei guatyuk..omg...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background