Saturday, May 9, 2009

I think Gooly is needed in Ipoh

Every child has different temperaments.

I am lucky that Gooly has never been too difficult. Genes (mine!), they say, have a contribution. Up-bringing too. So, it's a case of 50/50?

..which means I have 40% responsibility of shaping Gooly's attitude.

Let me explain my mathematical analysis. (Wipe that simper of your face! I can do it!)

50% - genes attribution, which cannot be proven no matter how much it's being debated, so let's just drop it. We don't annihilate brain cells at my blog.

10% - papah's responsibility. I am giving him this tiny percentage just so that we have a source to blame when things go wrong.

And that leaves 40% of big fat mass of responsibility resting on my shoulder.

Gee, I can do sums, for once. *smirk*

Anyways, realizing this self-mathematical theory has gotten me prepared way before hand. I fretted about having a 'demanding' baby, you see. So I coaxed him to be good, even during pre-natal stages. (Sayang sayang the tummy and nag nag nag)

When he was older, and thus was able to understand and accept reasoning, I empathized with him when the occasion arises and helped him to relate his feelings, seperti contoh-contoh berikut:

"Don't sulk when you wake." (How hypocritical! I sulk when I wake! :P)

"Control your anger! Cannot kick or roll on the floor!" (Because I still want to come to this shop!)

"No need to get upset. We can fix that toy.." (and throw it in the bin next)

At present, he has gotten the hang of it. He knows happiness is the essence of life. He tries hard to conceal his tears. I am not asking him to hide his feelings, but there ought to be a barometer of some sort to measure the 'pressure' in him before he explodes. In simple lay man's term, "don't simply show temper."

And he ought to know some things are just not worth getting upset for. Or, if he really have to be upset, get over it quick! (No.1 rule when he starts 'fatt hiao' with girls, agree?)

Penat wei...But a mother gotta do what she is best at. Nag..and then nag some more.

Malang tidak berbau.. he is imparting his lessons unto me now.

When I scowl, he says, "Smile, it's not nice to frown."

When I mop up the drink he spilled, grudgingly, he tells me, "It was an accident. No need to get angry."

When I lose my temper, he announces, "You are very mean. Be nice, can you?"

It's either like a slap across my face or a thumbs up, when these identical words are thrown back at me. I just cannot decide. So I just walk away most of the time with my ego bruised, and conscience damaged.

But what he said is true. Every single word. Every argument, fight, even war can be resolved with what he suggested.

Looks like I deserve a pat on the back after all, don't I? Thanks to me, my son is an annoying peace maker. Ipoh town, need me to send my son over?

(BTW, I said pat..don't take chance to whack me..)

Hoho, I am entitled to celebrate Hari Bonda after all... "Si shang ji yew mama hau..."

4 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

Hey, goolymama, is that supposed to be an honour for me? or for someone else? If u meant me, then I would be most happy to accept your "gift"... how timely... my sons are not around at this time..so gooly is most welcome to have their room and toys...hehe...
i think u r bluffing me.. right? chan or not chan? tam ngo hoi sum little while only, right?
btw, did u mean anyone else in IPOH? hehe...

liucas said...

i lap my mommy too....

Gooly!! my mommy is better than yours hmmps grrrrrr!!!! *shows sharpened fangs and manicured nails* at least she lets me roll on the floor! after which, she gives me treats. lei chui ngo mm cheong@

goolypop said...

Claire, ur house got fiasco ka? Takpe-lah..besides peace maker, Gooly is also huggable geh.. Lor hei sai!

(eyeing on your young masters' toys)

Eh? Pokemon ng hing jor woh!

goolypop said...

liucas,

u r so gullible! she wants u to mop her floor jek! Go bite her now..

ATTACK, BOY!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background