Thursday, May 7, 2009

Fight! FIGHT! Kau meng arrrr!

Warning: This is gonna be one long post involving tears, nags, disappointments, fights, busybody, MYOB, sharing, heartbreaks etc. Sila pasangkan helmet anda.

***
As the pool was closed, we were forced to play at the park instead. We were tossing a Frisbee-like toy when a group of children were spotted nearby. A boy brandished a sword, and another, a gun. Sword boy is around 6, while gun boy is older, 8 maybe? I could see Gooly was eager to join in the battle game.

After a while, he did manage to obtain the role of a combat soldier. How did the gun change hand, I am not sure. I try to stay away as much as possible so he could learn some social skills on his own.

Very soon later, Mr. 8 yr old seemed upset. He was blaming Mr. Swordboy for his 'lost' gun. Ok, time to intervene. I asked Gooly to return the gun, and he obliged, saying cheerfully, "We take turns!"

That's my boy.. always innocent and willing to share, and following the rule of taking turns. Let me tell you, every time he brings a toy to the pool, another friend (PinPin) would want to bring back the toy, and Gooly will allow (after his 100 reminders of, "Please bring back tomorrow.")

But we are not starring in a sitcom, are we? Where everything is nice and wonderful?

Far from it..because, again for unknown reasons, the aforesaid boys started fighting. The 8 yr old was raging..kinda out of control while hurling abuse at the other bloke and crying at the same time. The 6 yr old was a toughie. He shouted back, and if my Thai serves me correctly, the shouts were some-what along the line of:

YOU GET OF HERE! IF YOU DARE, COME FIGHT! (showing fist and one leg up)

The commotion of course got Gooly's attention. He stood there, mouth agape.

I motioned Gooly to come over. Mei sei gor meh?

When one of the parents came over to dissolve the fight, Gooly stood right between the boys, (Gooly, what you doing there? Come here!) and said, "PEACE! Don't fight.." *smack head*

Gooly ah gooly..don't so busy body can or not? Come here la!

While the adults were gushing over his ahem, persuasive skill, I was so worried he was gonna get punched in his face! (It will happen one day, ohmygard!.)

Naturally, everyone also no mood already, right? But Gooly thought in his most jocund-self, "Let's continue playing, it's my turn with the gun."

But he was being very sensitive as well. He sat next to the gun-boy, and consoled him. Although the boy didn't know what Gooly ngam ngam cham cham about (Are you feeling better? ), but his gestures were warm and kind (I think I saw his hand on the boy's shoulder.)

When he deemed the interim was good enough, he asked to hold the gun. (The above kind gestures may be a gimmick, after all.) The boy stood up, huffed and puffed, and stormed away.

Oh boy... Gooly was so disappointed. And flooded the place with his tears. He really thought they were friends. He would have surrendered his toy if the boy asked for it.

Outbursts as such and me don't get along too well. So I got mad as well and as hell. Once we reached home, fuiyoh.....the fury unleashed itself!

He cried, I yelled, he cried some more, I yelled louder...

Haih..what a bad evening.

There are so many things to teach him in that half hour episode. I lectured all in one huff. I am in the mood to nag, so I am gonna repeat them here. ("you" is referring to Gooly, ok):

a. Yes, I am proud you always share. But not everyone is like you. You can't force people to share with you. And more so, when the boy hardly knows you.

b. When there is a fight, walk away. It's rude to stare, and in their fury, they might hurt you.

c. MYOB! Walk away, don't get involved!

d. When someone refuse to share, say "fine!" and walk away. Toughen up, boy!

e. BTW, the two boys didn't play nicely. Don't play like that.

f. But you must still share your toys even when other don't want to share.

Am I making sense here? Arrrggh...I just want to bang my head against the wall. Have I covered everything? *Bang again*

Gooly, do you understand? *bang*

Gooly, please don't cry. *bang*

Gooly, I am sorry the world is not so nice. *beat chest*

Gooly, I am sorry you are hurt. *bang*

Gooly, I am sorry you have to be the nice guy.*beat chest*

Boohoo~

Mean Mean World, I hatechew! Anyone got plaster for my forehead?

10 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

i was just thinking.. when he grows up to read yr blog.. i wonder.. what he thinks and feels of his mama.. it will definitely put tears of joy in his eyes.. (kam toong)... make sure he reads this blog when he marries, not before...

mistipurple said...

your boy is blessed. don't worry too much into the future. he has a golden heart. and thanks to you of cos, he is growing up with all the right values.

Anonymous said...

what is MYOB ah? is it a kind of accounting application software? if i get a chance, i wanna visit u, coz, i wanna see how d place defers/conform to the model during sales last time. btw, all these thai property sales girls, damn hot wan!! i remember there was one condo call...LV..their 2 sales girls....walauweh...nose bleed!!!

k

goolypop said...

claire, why not before..why la..why..dimgai, kenapa..? (eh, still naggy today :P)

tasy said...

i believe his cita-cita is to be a judge when he grows up. so, this is his learning process..

now, to calm everyone down, the best thing to do is to go out and find a nice bag.

goolypop said...

misti! y u always say the right thing to make this heart less pain pain wan? U dun belong to this mean mean world! Shoo!But bring Gooly and I along....

One way ticket please!(but not to the blues....)

goolypop said...

Anon, MYOB is sumthing like Man in Black part 3. :P

Elloh! Can comment about world peace, anti-world war, anti-fighting, or not? Asyik mengorat pompuan je! Hmmph! *flip hair*

goolypop said...

GG, *fu tiao tiao* U buy for me ah?

LOOK AT MY FACE! I AM STILL SAD OK!

Raynebow said...

Next time bring along some boxing gloves for gooly la...take him for muay thai class also...must fight fight fight! It's a big bad world out there and gooly must learn to toughen up, man! *wink*

goolypop said...

raynebow, hai mai nei joe punching bag ah? :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background