Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My culinary skill, or the lack of it

When I was ten, I was reprimanded by my 2nd brother when he found out I couldn't cook my own Maggi Perencah Ayam.

This is what he taught me: 'tak tak' light up the stove with the 'gun', boil water and put in noodles with MSG. With a DUH end note..

That was my first self-cooked meal. 20 odd years later, I have progressed to adding an egg on top of my yummy-licious Maggi.

Forgive my blase attitude towards cooking.

I just dislike chopping onions. Those darn plants make me cry.

And I hate it when Papah gets suspicious with questions like, "Are you sure the fish is cooked?" Hulloh, steaming fish is darn easy, ok? Don't doubt my 'skill'.

I hate it more when he is right. The darn fish is not cooked. Bluek!

But I do try to improve. Especially so when there are pictures of cute bentos displayed everywhere. So I did one for Gooly today..tadddaaa!

What? Circular cucumbers are not IN anymore? And the egg could have been cuter if I made little bunnies and pandas out of it?

But wait...! My Bento comes with a cute Madagascar cover!


Still not cute enough? Look down.. (not at yourself-lah! The picture below!)

See? My set comes with matching tumbler! Cute-nyer....

Ok, I deserve zero points for bento-ism. Might as well tell you, it wasn't even me who bought the cute Tupperware set. To me, Ikea's are good enough.

Now that you know I am not all that brilliant, or supermom-ish, do you still love me? (give me points for honesty, will ya?)

*sharpening kitchen utensils*

7 comments:

k.t.x said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

per nie??? aksyen sahaja. lol.

i bet u never buy those maggi mee packets from those DESA in uni and cook it using hot water.....u rich girl lah u...class gitu..stay externally sumore.

"akulah siapo lagi...."

goolypop said...

tau tak pe..

i makan sunshine square hari hari wokeh?

:P

Winn said...

cook maggi mee and fried egg! thats what we know when we 1st explore the wondering world of chef wan

ngam mou ah chef dowan???

goolypop said...

winn, hoe wai sui geh laa...the maggi kar laptan..Sumtimes got mood, add spring onion summore..

When u wanna cook for me jek?

:P

rainbow angeles said...

eh, tok abt sun-sain square hor.. u tried b4 the tomyam noodles there?? fuiyoh! api! api!!! i likey!! now there no more makan-makan.. they shifted to a 'food court' nearby but not very clean, i feel.. eh, out of topik plak..

i tadi oni baru saw the same madagascar tupperware set..ingat nak tanya u how muchi.. mana tau u say not u buy.. sat morng la...

goolypop said...

angeles. err..yang i ingat is the curry fish head. Wah.. i lama no go oredi! I also remember that irritating ahpek DJ yang announce cheap things on sale at the supermarket!

Err.. the madagascar i think about rm20 - 30 ka? U cuba tgk kat Tupperware shop. Cute kan? But i stingy, wont buy lor.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background