Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Gooly got the blues

Yesterday morning, he awoke as usual, chirpy as can be. He helped me with some laundry, coloured some pictures and asked for permission for a video to watch.

"Roo's Springtime"....

It was a baaaaaaaad choice. Even though, he had probably watched it a gazillion times, for some weird reasons (which I will find out later), he started crying at the climax of the movie. The part where Rabbit, the problematic long-ear, refused to let Piglet, the homo, Tigger, the ADHD and Pooh, the sissy to have a party.

Ish!

Anyways, I explained about the characteristics for each of them (not the problematic, ADHD, homo, sissy parts laa. Siau meh?). I said Rabbit is always grumpy and impatient and unpleasant. But what is more important is, it's a cartoon, it's supposed to be entertaining. If it upsets him so, no point watching, haimoe?

He seemed to have understood me.

Then, towards the end, the tears came again.

Sungguh emo, I tell you. But I just let him be, because I am also the sort to cry at the movies. (The last was X-men Part 3 on video, when Professor X died!) but I knew something else was bugging him. He just didn't know how to verbalize it.

I held him for a while and offered some gummies to cheer him up - something Professor Dumbledore would do to a distressed student. ; P While chewing, the tears were still streaming down.

"My dear Gooly, meh si jek? Why so blue? Is it Monday Blues?Tummy ache? Got sumsi?"

But he felt better after a while. Pocoyo put him in a lighter mood.

Kids get the blues also, eh? Strange...

Later, I brought up the topic again. Drilled and drilled and finally he told me, he missed papah. Papah was due for a business trip, and he had started missing him already.

My Gooly is so sentimental. Haiz..please handle with care.

2 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

wow..u drilled and drilled and out comes the oil... not bad.. wish i could drill my girl too..she is another one.. very quiet with a golden mouth.. needs more than a driller to open that ... perhaps u hv some suggestions?
sigh..ask papah not to go so often.. mama gooly also missus him but dare not say only..

goolypop said...

claire, try sweets and see...:P Still applicable for teenagers not this twick?

I where got miss himmm..Patji geh sorfu.... tan sai kai....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background