Monday, June 30, 2008

Tennis, shoes, sorbets..what else?

Yesterday was an eventful day, very unlike the other days where I just sit at home and rot and blog and rot again. We went to watch a tennis match in the morning. Nah, I don't play. I hate the sun, but Papah loves the mini skorts. Gooly just clapped when someone missed a shot. So he swayed from country to country, never stayed loyal to one. Not like his father who constantly supported the one with the shortest skirt and tannest skin.



Then we headed on to the Jatujak market, where the the centipede in me decided to grab some shoes. Very good bargains I got. I reckon all these add up to the price of a single miserable pair back home. They are mainly flats. I don't mind being short really, rather than kill my feet to appear 3 inches taller. Also, one must remain vigilant whist in the streets of Bangkok. Have you seen the soi bitches dogs around? Nah, they don't bother people that much. But it's a childhood fear of mine, and a horrifying presumption that strays chase the living daylights out of our kind.



So how many shoes do we all need? I really don't care as long as I get to extend my collection.

While at the market, Papah and I went separate ways. He can't stand looking at shoes and shoes and shoes, and I think fishes are the most boring thing to stare at. So when the time came, I needed to call him. You might be a little shock that I am the only breathing human who doesnt use a mobile. So I searched for a public phone. Heheh, they still have this old-fashion Graham Bell thing around. Please keep them for poor folks like me. Anyways, I didnt have any 'satangs' with me, and asked a young chap for some change.I handed him a twenty baht note, he gave me some coins. However he politely declined my note cos he didn't have the exact change. Aww.. how nice. Well, city folks usualy count to the very last cent, and tell you they have 18 baht instead of 20 baht, so nope, they can't give you the damn coins. This nice fella gave me about 10 baht while refusing my 20 baht. I was adamant that he kept my note though. Seriously, he was so skinny, I thought he could use the 20 baht for some snacks.

We ended the tiring day eating sorbets. Mine was dragon fruit flavoured. Yummy! Very refreshing and nice looking against my fuschia bag, eh? Ooo... let Sunday come again real quick! How was your weekend?

5 comments:

mistipurple said...

hahhaa. we should open shoe shop. u supply u shop i tryyyyy to sell.
so cheap ka the shoes? pengsan.
my last pair was 7 yrs back. i should be the one called HKK~!! haha

goolypop said...

misti, *holds breaths* wuuu.. let's do online selling *throws old shoes out, takes deep breath* Ha.. now u can be OUR first customer..

mistipurple said...

hahhaa. i got alternate my shoes lah. change insoles somemore. just too stingy to spend because got other priorities like paying rents lor.
btw i got big feet. yours very petite. i cannot masok.

PureGlutton said...

Wahh...did u buy ALL those pairs yesterday?? Wahlau...more keng than me! Last trip to BKK I bought 6 pairs of shoes (and they're all 3" & above high) and I thought that was like purse-breaking!

goolypop said...

PG, No lahhhhh... the last row is not bought yesterday.. :p Next time u come, I bring u.. veli cheap.Not sure if they have heels though.. hmm.. totally forgot to check them out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background