Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Morbid tales

I'm gonna treat this as a confession booth for today. I confess, I'm obsessed with death. Oh not mine of course. Noh, noh, noh, noh... I dont mind if I were to die first. But for the note, I love the song, "I see you when you get there, see you when you get there.." It's gonna be my funeral song. A little P.Diddy action there. Oh,and I do believe the spirit hanging around for a while before taking the lift up, so yeah.. I will be at my 'partay', listening to all the requiems and eulogies.

Anyways, about this fear of other people dying, I have prepped myself a lot more than other people would. I choose movies which has morbid endings, where everybody dies or at least someone dies. Hence, when somebody tells me, "You should watch this. It's really good." On top of my checklist would be,"Did anybody die in that movie?" I usually get a blank look, or worse, a you-are-weird look. Needless to say, Titanic is my favorite.So while everyone walked out of the theater cussing the director/producer for such a lousy ending, I applauded. And I watched it again. This time armed with a box Kleenex, alone cos nobody likes sad movies, remember? Sissys!

What are the other morbid, good for crying and dying movies? Let's see.. Moulin Rouge, a tv drama about a boy who died of AIDS (long long time ago, the grandpa handcrafted his coffin, sob sob), Philadephia, My Girl (someone died of bee stings), City of Angels...

There are books I like too; Randy Pausch's "The Last Lecture", Harry Potter (when Dumbledore died), The Life of Alex (she died at 8), Five People You Meet in Heaven, Tuesdays with Morrie...

When it comes to the part where someone kicks the bucket, I'd often wondered, which way will I react? Scream disbelievingly or sob silently? Chest pounding wails(for Chinese dramas la)or fainting action? And what happens after? Days/weeks in bed? Zombies look-alike? Sigh.. morbid morbid indeed.

Say, is the way I am dealing with inevitable but not-happening-yet deaths of loved ones futile? Cos, my world is still gonna collapse when it happens no matter how much I watch/read about people's deaths right? But still, do you know any books/movies you hate but think I will love? Yeah yeah.. for sadistic me.

5 comments:

Two Bright Heads said...

lik dat u sure love Rambo lar. the latest one how many times u watch? heard he singlehandedly kill half of Burma people wor.... best la.

goolypop said...

Ethnic cleansing?
U loe thim me ah? My eyes roll one bulatan.

tasy said...

have you watched hitcher? everyone died, hamkachan! and it's very pien-tai also, very suitable for you.

goolypop said...

Gargies. dun loe time me ah. Gerenti hamkachan ah.. Wokay.. will find at my supplier. I tell him, "Hitcher.. all pokai hamkachan show". He should know la hor..

tasy said...

Nanti your supplier thot u scold him "pokai hamkachan"!

Let me know your review after you watched it wo..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background