Thursday, June 26, 2008

Seeds of Hope


I do not have what they call 'green fingers'. Even the weeds wither and die in my garden. Very pathetic indeed. However, of late, the goolypop has started a new hobby of planting seeds, amongst many other things. Whenever a seed is in sight, he'd put it in his pocket for his evening projects. So we have long beans, apples, oranges, grapes seeds thrown all over the garden. I'm beginning to blame Jack and his stewpid Beanstalk. Initially, I tried explaining about tropical fruits and how apples and oranges don't grow in our blardy hot country.



"Oh don't worry, they can grow when it's not hot at night, " he suggested. Oh well, what's life without hopes? So I didn't deflate his souffle or burst his bubbles. Plant anything you want, boy. Your seeds of love warmth my heart. See how he shades his apple seeds in a miserable cup from the scorching sun? Never mind that the umbrella is transparent la..He was so cute. *grins* And I hate the idea of telling him about impossibilities when he hasn't even try it yet. And so he will get disappointed but he will also have a longer 'been there, done that' list than his friends. Don't worry, I have some jagung seeds as contingency should he feels like giving up his prospect career as a fruit orchard manager.

A friend actually says that apple trees will grow in countries like ours. Just that the trees won't bear any fruits. Any botanists/gardeners/orchard owners out there to help me with this? I'll not bother to transfer the seeds from the jelly cup to ground if it's just a myth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow..proud of yr small son la.. so young and full of hope and positive thinking.. let him learn it through practical experience.. good job....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background