Thursday, June 5, 2008

I think he is creative

Gooly has started writing his ABCs. They are pretty neat. And that means we have more activities to do during the day time. Making good progress with his motor skills, he started colouring pictures with precision, no more conteng conteng. But the tree isn't always green, and the ducks aren't yellow either. It's ok. I like the different shades of colours of trees and blue ducks make me smile. In fact they can be any colours he wants them to be. We have tons of crayons and he should make use all of them.

Today we did a bit more, those workbooks with instructions to follow. One page says to circle things that make sounds. It was a picture of a boy at the park. Gooly studied the picture for a while, and wondered aloud, "How could the mummy left the boy alone at the park?"

Oh well, I'd cheated by saying the mummy is just at the corner at the page, but we couldn't see her. But don't worry, she is there. A wave of relief crossed his face. And he started circling the airplane, the ducks, the radio and the trees. But wait, trees don't make sounds, I told him.

"The wind is blowing and the leaves are rustling," he explained.

How about that? There and then, I knew we are going to be in trouble in schools. Will the teachers be as creative and actually allow creativity in class? One thing for sure, if the teacher said my son is wrong for his original ideas, I'd make sure to correct her/him, and I'd be prepared to change schools for all that matters.

My son is creative, accept THAT!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background