Friday, June 27, 2008

C-box

I gave birth to a chatterbox. Even on his full month party, he was babbling away. A friend was actually puzzled that he made so much grunting noises. I thought all babies are like that, because the only one I had was noisy on the very first day he discovered what a larynx can do.

Now he wakes and sings on top of his lungs,the alphabet song, because he now knows the L,M,N,O,P part very well. He used to skip the 'M' and "N". Throughout the day, he'd have something to announce,complain, declare, inform or ask.

When his papah and I chat, he wants to be part of it. Being socially inept still, he'd go off the tangent and forget all about the crux of the discussion. I'd tell him not to interrupt, in which he obliges by turning away and mutters to himself. He is that desperate to talk. I assume he has an active mind, and needs to channel his thoughts verbally. Like many others, Mahmee does it too, through blogging. This fella's method is through noise pollution.

So after three years, I have designed my own formula of drowning out all the noises. Miraculously, my formula involves a complicated antenna system which detects important and significant words.

Actually, apart from the repetitive ABCDs, he almost always has something funny or interesting to say. He tells ridiculous stories about araipanas in the Amazon River, and makes up equally silly songs about soldiers losing their guns in a battle. He has endearing words too. Like this morning, when Papah went off to work, the silly goolypop announced, "But you forgot to kiss me bye bye."

I sprang out of bed (yeah, let the early birds get the yucky worms), and thank GOD for his verbal skills. And boy, am I glad for earplugs too.

3 comments:

Raynebow said...

Haha...my LL also is a CBox. When he was about 4 years old, he chattered all the way from KL to Singapore, non-stop, in the car! Keng leh?

tasy said...

Can train him to be a politician already! Syabas! You are on the way to become First Lady's MIL!

goolypop said...

Raynebow, makes sense hor.. both mothers also not zipper mouths, rite? ;)

Gargies, he talkative only, not tai chek kong wor.. I still can become 'Laura's' MIL ah?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background