Friday, June 13, 2008

To guard with love

The tap at the my garden burst this morning. Aiyayayayaya... the water was gushing out. Goolypop was gleeful of the new fountain. He rushed to put on his Pua Chu Kang 'yerrow kaler' boots. Not bad eh? It was as thought we fore casted a moment like this. Splish splash splosh. Yes, Boy.. go ahead and have fun. Leave the head/chin scratching action to Mahmee.

Instinctively, I put a bucket under the tap.Heheh.. like it would be of any help cos it got filled up in 10 seconds.Very duh indeed. More scratches on the head, chin and armpit cos it was getting hot. Meanwhile, the little PCK was probably crossing his fingers, toes and EYES that the fountain was here to stay.

So who came to the rescue? My kind neighbour. Yup, the same one who wonders why I hang out loads of undies on a wet morning. She summoned the old-wrinkly guard at the mooban for a quick consultation. A few kap and kaa later, the man went on the bicycle and came back with a new tap. I've never been so thankful for the invention of bicycles before :p. And of cos to the nice, kind old lady.

Whist he was fixing it, I contemplated how much to tip him. I really wanted to be generous but with the 'talk-until-bored' petrol price, I was in doubt. Finally, I thought, what the heck, how often do I have pleasant encounters with kind strangers? How often do people actually care enough to go all the way out under the hot sun peddling a rusty bicycle to get a tap for an unattractive mum in pyjamas at 11.00am? I am very grateful.

Thus, I am skipping Swensen this week. And in return, my hero guard gets a better meal. When he received what we perceived as a meager sum of 100baht (approx Rm10), he clasped his hand together and gave a slight bow. I reciprocated.

And I also made a silent solemn vow to be more patient with my neighbour when she next launches her soliloquy in Thai.

6 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Mahmee, I was at Gargies place and noticed you were under me, I mean your callsign, so I kaypoh over as your callsign abit like how Incik Tom Jones sings, 'it's unusual'.
Hey, I like your sense of humour, ha ha...sure made me laugh you hanging so many things, see neighbour.
Wa, how the pipe can burst? So you stand there, hand on hips and supervise?
Talking about you hanging things...long time ago in KL, I was driving past the Sungei Besi flats when noticed something beige fluttering down, thinking it paper from someone's kueh teow bungkus.
Then 'plopp' it fell on my car windscreen...Holy Smoke! It was a ladies panty!
I quickly pull over to the side and got rid of it, much to the amusement of passersby.
Later told my friend about it.
He a fanatic at Empat Ekor gambling, quickly opened his Chinese numbers book, then motivated me to go buy empat ekor the number.
Being negative in thoughts, I only bought Rgt 5.
He not only bought more than me, but went to another street to sapu another few more bets.
And believe it or not, next day, I had forgotten, he phoned me I couldn't understand what he was babbling about, then heard, "we won 1st prize"!
Wa, betul betul it had come out 1st prize...that night we had suckling pig for dinner. Ha ha.
You have a nice day, sawatdee, Lee.

goolypop said...

U.Lee - Wuah.. so the very gung hei fatt choy! Haha! Flying panty, hidden money. Not bad huh. I don't mind being flung also if suckling pig is involved.
Went over to ur blog. Very 'happening' wei. U cracked me up, man. I will be popping over ever so often.You just recruited a new cyber stalker ;) Should I be posting this there? But it seems so out of topic? Feeling very noob-y.

tasy said...

somebody mentioned me, eh? no wonder i kept sneezing...

goolypop said...

Got haze ah? :P
Mentioned name, the 'ngan mei' (eyelid) jump jump onli, no meh?

tasy said...

somehow, i different a bit. name mentioned, i get sneezes. back poked, i get farts.. haha..

lucky i dun fart a lot.

goolypop said...

Hiak hiak.. u funny girl.
If burp and fart at the same time, how ar? Too much garlic ar.. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background