Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The December that never came..

Somewhere out there, some t-shirts with the words "Saw it, liked it, told gramma and got it" are being sold. Cute..

Much to our chagrin, neither my gramma nor gooly's is as generous or charming(or likable :P). So our house doesn't seem like an annex to Toy r' us, like some lucky SOB folks' homes do.

The fact that gooly wakes and lives for toys makes us shudder whenever he starts his sentence with, "I want to buy..." In my twisted mind, I'd retort, "Yeah.. keep wanting cos we are not buying it." But of course what comes out from my mouth will be, "We'll have a look and see if it's too expensive". Hooo... it usually is.. these good-for-nothing-battery-operated junks toys. But I just don't want to say NO all the time. Even I get bored saying the NO. So usually we'll check out the stuff he wants, and lament, "Wow! So expensive" with an ultra exaggerated horror look on my face. I am lucky that he doesn't roll on the floor and demands for it, because he knows our last name is not Grills, Doors, or GATES.

To spice things up a little, I have made a Christmas cum Birthday wish list for him. It is becoming longer and longer until we can roll up the parchment now. Of course he doesn't know I call it the impossible wish list. So now, he wakes with a hopeful, "Is it December yet?" Kid, you think I'd tell you when it is Christmas ah? Not until you can read yourself.. Nyek nyek nyek...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background