Thursday, November 20, 2008

Whose fault?

Scene 1

Gooly: Mahmee, I want to eat Kokocrunch with milk.

Mahmee: Sorry, we ran out of Kokocrunch. You want an egg instead?

Gooly: Oh okay... tomorrow we buy some more Kokocrunch.

Life in Fairy Tale land. Almost non-existent.

****VS.****
Scene 2

Gooly: Mahmee, I want Kokocrunch with milk.

Mahmee: No more Kokocrunch.

Gooly: I want......................

There are two possible endings which entail the above.

****

Scene 3

Gooly: I want Kokocrunch with milk.

Mahmee: No more already. You ate it all yesterday.

Gooly: But I really want it... *starts sobbing*

Mahmee: Don't cry.. I promise I buy more afterward, ok?

Gooly: Okay.

*looking smug* A quality-controlled morning. ISO approved, if I may said so myself. But unfortunately, Mahmee grows horns and a tail on selected days of the month, which brings us the following scene.

********

Scene 4

You know what he wants. You know there are only eggs in the pantry. You know he will start bawling because he needs his sugar fix. And Mahmee has 101 retorts. To quote a few:

"You can cry and Kokocrunch won't magically appear."
"Eggs? Or you go hungry.."

"Let me know if you are still hungry after you finished crying."


There are two ways to start off the mornings. Good vs. bad. There are 2 subjects (me and him) and 2 variables (good mood/behavior and bad mood/behavior).

Everyone is happy at Scene 1, including the neighbors because we spare them the high decibel of unnecessary noises. It does happen, albeit not so often as it should be.

Scene 2 is very common. When I have enough Evening Primrose, all's well ends well. And thus Scene 3. He eats the damn eggs.

Scene 4, much to my chagrin, is also fairly often. Got dadah inside ah? Why must he insist on Kokocrunch?

I can't help but wonder, am I a sarcastic parent with minimal patience? Almost all the parents I see here are the 'sayang' cajoling type. You-want-Kokocrunch-you-get-Kokocrunh type of parent.

But.. but ...but.. the kid has a role to play too rite. Look at scene 1. If he is co-operative, then nobody gets hurt. Everyone walks away happy with eggs in their tummys. Ronald Mcdonald would have been proud of us.

Doh! I forgot.. these are kids. Not angels!... Ok ok. So the solution is? Haiz... *popping more Evening Primrose*

Still! The kids should be held responsible for bad mornings too! And also all the other bad episodes! What say you?

2 comments:

Raynebow said...

Errhmm... Scene 4 alwayz works for me! As far as LL is concerned, sarcasm from me ends the argument, LOL! That's why he's turning out to be such a sarcastic rascal too. He always tells me "guess where i learned my sarcasm from"... sei moe?

Anonymous said...

whose fault ah?

err.. my fault lor... :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background