Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Cm -Stones

You know how some parents like to chart milestones of their bubbas? When they first spoke, when they first walked.. yada yada yada?

I am one of them, not because I am superbly proud (seriously, every child talks and walks, it's just a matter of time) but because I am amnesiac. To me, the biggest milestone is when Gooly can wipe his own arse. Vulgar it may sound, but that is the day I will proclaim, "My son has grown..sob! sob! He can wipe his own shiats! I'm proud of you!!"

OK, confession. Weird fact no. 3293 - I pay attention to little advancement too. I will call it cm-stone. Milestone is when he overcome his fear of spicy food. Cm-stone is like... when he pours himself a glass of water... by himself!

He did that just now! Instead of asking for water, and I had to stop whatever I am doing to liquid-fy him, he took a a stool, climbed on it, poured the water, spilled a little, drank it, and exclaimed, "Ahhhh! Nice!" Yippeee! I am off the hook! I am no longer the water server!

While at Eagle Wing's house some time back, I couldn't help but noticed how mature Joel was. He closed the door and pulled in the trampoline prior to leaving the house. You know, like the little man of the house who takes care of stuff? And there was one time I read how Ethaniel packed his own bag for a sleep over. Aiyor, when can Gooly do that?

I am not kiasu, wokeh. I am lazy. Who else is guilty? Na na na.. admit it la. Come, hop into my boat. (Please.. please ..please?)

3 comments:

tasy said...

What CM stands for ah?

OK, I am in your boat.. row row row our boat, gently down the stream..

Oh oh, I can say, few more years down the road, not only he can do things for himself, he can also be at your service too. Like my eldest boy, I'll just snap the fingers and tell him to bring me a cup of water, this or that.. nice!

goolypop said...

cm is centimeter laa.. Small small milestones ma

Err.. ur case is slavery worrr!

The Seasonal One said...

So sweet of you to mention my boys ;-) Don't worry, you look like you're on your way there. Good job, Mum!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background