Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My other son Calvin

When Gooly was two, he drew a circle and a vertical line at the bottom edge, and claimed that he drew a lolly. Sometimes the circle appeared not to be as round as he hoped for, and he would decide that it was a chicken drumstick instead.

He has somewhat progressed further. He can draw a picture of fluffy clouds, with happy looking sun. Not forgetting the bumblebees and butterflies fluttering around. Kinda kitschy, don't you think? But still, I have to say, "Waawwaaaa!". Inevitably, the man in me thought the picture was too saccharine sweet, and thus I made a mental note about teaching him the aerodynamic shaped aeroplanes (as if I could :P). Then again, I don't have to worry about paying Dr. Quack with such serene looking pictures.



And then.. and then...as though he read my mind, he continued drawing ...


*

*

A LONG NECK DINOSAUR! With spikes on his back, and roaring sharp teeth, spitting out fire to destroy the Happy Garden. (Could it be a dragon since it breathed fire?)




And soon, Happy Garden was a glob of darkness..!

Woah.. So destructive! *Gasp* I read a lot of Calvin and Hobbes while impregnated with him. That figures.. he has a streak of CALVINISM in him now. I LIKE!



Did Calvin go to the psychologist's? :P

12 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

wei..i dont think yr gooly is anywhere near calvin but i bet the writer does...she even sounds like him.. *sly grin*

Anonymous said...

not calvin klein ah?

Anonymous said...

Huh? Calvin who? Hehe..kidding la. I got all his books in my collection. His imaginary is just beyond our imagination. Get a Tigger for Gooly too. wokey?

tasy said...

eh.. bugger, i dun even know my own bro has all the book in his collection! so selfish one? never share with his sister, the one and only sister who's caring, loving and giving all along to him??

err.. sorry ah, have to pinjam your blog here to taruh him. you want to add anything?

what's the post about again btw?

Center Parted said...

Calvin, the diabolically smart and funny and lovable philosopher of a kid!

Gooly seems smart, funny and lovable, without being diabolical... I'd say you're ahead!! :)


ps. He's such an angeel helping you with the chores. Must make my kids read that post.

"haa, you see you see, that boy so clever!"

Raynebow said...

Wahh... a great artist in the making eh!

Anonymous said...

Claire, wei wei wei.. the writer is like suzie derkins okeh.. Sweet and smart :P

Anonymous said...

angeles, suddenly tok taifu pulak u? CK=underwear, hai mai?

Anonymous said...

Cy, ooooo.. we got another thing in common thing then. And now that the secret is out, we have to be more careful cos your sister will murder us for comics. That seicheapoh...:P

Anonymous said...

gargies, bugger..now u have to decide who to murder..

Anonymous said...

Centre Parted - thanks. Aiyayayaya.. then I cannot post anything diabolical about Gooly, in case ur kids come back and show you, "you see you see..that boy so naughty"

Anonymous said...

Raynebow, aiseh, one day I must show you my masterpieces..heheheh.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background