Monday, October 13, 2008

The Mailman Rang the Bell

After lunch at the usual trusty venue, we strolled back to our house, expecting another boring afternoon. We went indoor, and I was about to remind Gooly yet another boring command of, 'Drink water ah..' when suddenly the almost-never-been-used door bell rang. The sound of DING DONG excited Gooly that he went charging outside, and a split second later, hollered," It's the mail man, Mahmee."

Woooo..The mail man never rings the bell. He is always unwelcome as he delivers junk mails and junk bills. But this time, I smiled and almost hollered like Gooly, "IT'S THE MAIL MAN AND HE HAS A PACKAGE FOR US!" I composed myself, and received the package with glee. I kinda already knew who sent it, because only she would. : )
Zoweee! A box all the way from Boston. We ripped the box apart while Black Power Ranger was left abandoned.

Oh goodies! Books and snacks for Gooly and me.


"Mine! All mine!" he shrieked. :) Enclosed was a beautiful card with beautiful bags and words in unintelligible cursive writing.

I am so very touched. They were meant to be Birthday cum Christmas pressies. Neither my birthday nor Christmas is in October.Gooly's is not anywhere near too. But heck, who gives a hoot about dates?

Ah! What else is in the package? Akiane's biography! She is so sweet! I have merely mentioned the book, and asked her to check the price for it. For months there were no answers, and I didn't want to ask again, lest she is busy with work. And now I own it! Swell!


Look at Gooly. He couldn't wait to devour the books. I couldn't wait to read mine! So I told him to look at the pictures first, while I scheme through mine. Look how intensely he stares at the pics.! Much to his chagrin, I couldn't put mine down, and he started to ask questions pertaining his book. Aiyah! Kakajiaujiau. I escaped to the loo on the pretext of a tummy ache (partly true) and proceeded to browse through my book. (No pics here :P)

Still I couldn't escape. He was at the door, pounding and exclaiming, "Look Mama, look.. a unicycle." Ok ok .. Mahmee 'disconnected' the *ahem* brown-coloured waste and went out to placate his quest for knowledge.

CY (not the one in Rayong :P) , thanks so much for your thoughtfulness. Miss you heaps.Ahem.. something impromptu here. I want to yamsi oledi..

Sometimes
I wish we could get lost in Chinatown again
and buy bags like we are insane

I wish we could sing "Taipau Leung Loong"
when they have buffet package at noon

Everday
I wish Bun grows up knowing and loving you
I wish he could learn the artistic skills and loyalty traits from you.

I wish you needn't be there, and me here
For happy times are assured even without the beer
When we are together, my dear.

Everyone, meet my dear fwen, Sharkira. :P. Blessed indeed I am to have a friend like her. :)

12 comments:

mistipurple said...

ya, you have a great fren! so sweet until i read oso toothache chor.
now you better go run to the loo and read again, lol.

mistipurple said...

lol! your wedding.. not to her!!
er.. you is the one on the right lah. the one wearing some bracelet.
*waits for prize*

goolypop said...

misti, so panai geh? :)

mistipurple said...

no more meow post, safe to pop by later. what i do for love... *sigh*

tasy said...

Such a nice fwen. Gems for life, hoh?

hey, if you have given me your add in bkk, i would also have sent barley and some smelly taifu for you too, you know. I know how much you missed those.

goolypop said...

misti, ok.. go over now. No wonder no more sneezing laa. :D

gargies.. thats why i didnt give u.. =_=*

rainbow angeles said...

wooooo... the card i veli likey!! in case u didnt know, i love multicoloured stuff! ;-)

if got any pesanan, faitik order now, ok? i keep hutang in the buku tiga lima... :p

goolypop said...

angeles.. err.. ur rainbow nick kinda told me lor that u belly like karrowful things.

Hmm.. so far got no request.Wil gib u a chance to utilise ur 555, wokeh? Let me 'sip' pillow high high tonite..

ChenYing said...

Isn’t it a brilliant idea to send one a surprise when it was least expected for wherever reason (i.e. too lazy drag the parcel to the post office). Perhaps we do not need a reason to send one most of the time. ;-)

Kemm… for the unintelligible handwriting- need someone to “translate” it?

goolypop said...

mctelur, no nid worrr.. I got used to the doctor's handwriting ;)

Anonymous said...

Aaww...such a nice friend!

goolypop said...

Raynebow, she is, man.. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background