Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I am not proud

Being a boy, Gooly naturally likes to play rough. Frankly speaking, I get annoyed when he is all 'jumpity'. It gets on my nerves when he plays ninja or kungfu. On good days, I grit my teeth and bear with all the stunts. On not-so-good days, I say, "Oi, not so rough." On baaaad days, hmm.. I don't know. I must have scolded.

However, something happened yesterday that forced me to remember. To remember to control my temper, that is. He was roughing it out, as usual and had accidentally stepped on my toes. Ouch! In a split second, he squatted down and attempted to kiss my toes while apologizing profusely.

Ohh.. I felt so bad. I am so not proud that I have instilled such fear in that little boy. Anyways, I picked him and explained that sometimes I get mad, upset, angry but I still l.o.v.e him. I hope he gets it. Do you think he gets it? :(

And then.. I remembered... Sigh! That time when he deleted my pictures in my camera. I was fuming mad. He was all teary, and he came forward and gave this big smile, with stained cheeks, and said, " Smile at me." I didn't. I am so not proud.

Sure, there are happy times when I am the happy cheerful sporting mama. But I have also been THE DOWAGER. I am so not proud.

Sitting here, typing away, I can recall many incidences when it mattered to him so much that I just smiled at him, but I didn't. I always do afterwards, but not immediately. I should, for he remembers my frowns, my growls, my DOWAGER face. I am so not proud.

:(

6 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

how to say ah..
some parents spoil their children rotten..some are like fierce dragons.. so u r dowager?
well,not to say not good.. but we must show our soft side plus a blend of our "dont step on my tail" side too.. otherwise, kids might climb over our heads/bodies.. without even flinching..
its ok, my dear, dont feel bad..
i m sure u show him yr softer side too..mahmee..
he sounds like another angel to me ..

goolypop said...

yaloh, claire. This balancing act susah lo. I should soften my killer- stares looks, nonetheless. :D Nice not my smile?

tasy said...

Well, it happens to every parent, no? Anyone who can smile all the time, never lifting a finger or raising her voice over her playing tantrum child, or frowning when all her best taken shots was erased, please stand.

See? NOBODY.

Raynebow said...

Hmmm... we hv to indulge and spoil our kids sometimes... yet we also hv to instill discipline mahh... otherwise they will get out of hand! So i think it's ok to be "fierce" once in a while when the occasion warrants it... as long as we explain WHY that was so.

mistipurple said...

don't worry too much lah. nature will handle things er.. naturally?
law of universe wan.
you loving mother.
he will turn out all balanced.

Anonymous said...

aww.. u all so nice geh. Make one award for me la.. soon pin. Best Mom ke.. Most patient mom ke.. Heheheh.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background