Monday, October 13, 2008

The Domestic Helper

Gooly likes to 'kajiau' when I do house chores. "Let me help!" usually ends with spilled milk and cracked eggs. "Opssss!" is always uttered. Sometimes I heave a groan of despair and clean up the mess. Sometimes I manage a 'it's ok' smile while gently remind him to be more careful next time.

A while ago, I was in solitude on the WC when I heard 'cling clang' and 'jit jit' and 'jit jit' some more.

"Are you cleaning up the dishes?" I hollered.

"Yes, Mahmee!" - this I dread. The 'jit jit' means he is squeezing way too much dish soap. I had to cut short my getaway at the loo to launch an impromptu site inspection.

It's kinda cute to see the way he perched over the sink on the stool, grinning from ear to ear, and proudly proclaimed, "It's all done!" Okeh.. he didn't break anything. But Officer Mahmee didn't grant him the ISO 9001:2000 certification for traces of oil was still visible on the plates. Ewwww..

But I didn't 'throw cold water' on him lah. I thank him instead for not breaking anything.

The same goes this morning when he helped me with the laundry. See how every single piece of garment was anything but 'straight'?


(gambar hilang :( )



Ooooh.. he is so proud he 'did a good job'. I didn't rearrange the garments. I reckon there shouldn't be too many rules and limitation when he tries to help. At 5pm, straight or not straight, the laundry will be dry, agree? : )

At night while he sleeps, I roam around the house and see traces of 'mistakes' done by him; the triangular folded shirt, the underwears in the towel drawer, the mismatched socks. I touch them not. Instead, I whisper "thanks" again. Now, tell me.. would he have driven YOU up the wall? :P

I forgot to add this pic earlier. Actually this is the part he makes me tear my hair out. Him, pretending to be a wounded animal trapped, and Mahmee's rescue is needed, pronto. I don't like adventures laaa, Gooly...


10 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

wei.. if i hv gooly, i thank God every single minute.. where can get such a young helper to do all yr cleaning up dishes, drying up clothing and folding them?? tell me.. if i were u, i get few more goolies...and then u can goyang kaki at home..

rainbow angeles said...

evelibuddies... 1 2 3 ...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...

;-)

mistipurple said...

*continues awwwwwingggg after the rainbowone*

goolypop said...

U ladies! So sweet, morning morning make me smile oledi! Sure u all can tahan that 'kakajiaujiau' fella ah? Veli 'luen sui' one worrr. Claire, satu cukup lor.. If more goolies, my house terbalik lor..:)

Anonymous said...

Ya, i agree with Claire - have a few more goolies - the more the merrier! Summore FOC domestic helpers!

goolypop said...

Raynebow, I think then will not be called domestic helper lorr.. more like domestic hurricane!

The Seasonal One said...

That's the way to go. Train them now and eventually you can sit down and goyang kaki.

tasy said...

By month end, you'll receive an invoice from him (assisted by me!). So crever, young and making "sugus" (money) already.. PAY UP!!

goolypop said...

EW.. but now hoh, hoe chi yuet pong yuet mong leh.. :P

goolypop said...

gargies, u also wan to kakajiaujiau ah? I also never chop sign and confirm order/quotation, invoice matt kwai?? :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background