Friday, October 10, 2008

Black October

The Nation has dubbed it the Black October for the Kingdom of Thailand. With its current state of uncertainties and violence, I, albeit not a citizen, but nonetheless a resident, am left baffled and sadden, too. How not to feel sorrowful with pictures of people crying, or mourning on papers and in the internet? I suppose I can stop reading, but is ignorance a solution? Negative.

When I was 12, the TV played "We are the world, We are the children" fairly often. That kinda gave me hope about peace. I was kinda conned into thinking that things will be better; people will suffer less; it's gonna be a better place for you and me.

Bah! Fast forward 20 years ... things have not gone better. In fact, they have gone worse. People are meaner, more sadistic and unsubtly insane. I feel so cheated!

Or could it be, I have grown older, and wiser, and can see better? That everything is not sugar and spice, everything nice? That I was stupidly naive?

But why do I see things in gray now that I am supposedly wiser and possess better sight? What happened to good ole black or white, wrong or right? Why I can't decide if the doctors who refused to give treatments to those injured police, are heroes or ruthless scums?

Jaded indeed I am. If only WE ARE THE WORLD can un-jade me. No harm trying. I should watch the clip again and again until I believe once more that the world will be a better place for you and me. (I'm so rolling my eyes. Haha!) Meanwhile, bearers of good and peaceful news, bring 'em on here! Otherwise, you may join me in this karaoke session. (I'm singing Cyndi Lauper's part, don't fight with me)

3 comments:

rainbow angeles said...

i wanna sing one love, can anot? :p

*takes the cue*
*raise both hands & wave in the air.. one hand with a lighter*

Anonymous said...

Wan lap ah? That one black jack laa.. Hehehehhe.

One Love is Black Eyed Pea ah? Hoeji ng hai. that one is Where is the Love..hmm..Kasi tunjuk itu MTV..

mistipurple said...

people's mind all clouded. can't tell what's right or wrong anymore. sad state of affairs.

*holds mic and sings with the rainbowone and gooly*
*waits for the rest to come in*

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background