Thursday, October 2, 2008

Bedtime 'oath'

Feeling 'hiao hiao' yesterday, I decided to bunk in with Gooly. To add more drama to it, I lamented, "Mahmee is lonely, so Mahmee will sleep with you today, ok.." He was a bit shocked, but welcome the idea nonetheless. He moved aside while comforted me with, "It's ok Mahmee.. I am here." Oooh.. Mahmee likes being the baby once a while. ;)

It was a single bed and with my huge asset (or should i just say ASS? :P), it naturally became a bit squeezy. He tossed and turned and tossed again. His restlessness prompted me to ask, "Hey, you comfortable? Should I go back to my own bed?"

He moved further till he was at the edge of the bed. "It's ok, Mahmee. Here.. give you more space. You comfortable or not?'

*swoons* How does a 3.8 year old love so 'adultly'? Not that I am complaining.

And then he recited his daily proclamation of love to his Mahmee. Mind you, this session is a darn serious one, ok? It's as though we are taking a sole
mn oath in court . "Repeat after me.. bla. bla. bla. the truth, noting but the truth " kinda oath.

I love you, Mahmee. (I love you too, son.)




See you tomorrow. (Yes, see you tommorrow.)




Good nite, Mahmee. (Go to sleep.)




I said good nite, Mahmee. (Ok, good nite, son. GO TO SLEEP!)

Usually it ends right there. But, maybe because of the coziness yesterday, he continued softly;

I really really really love you, Mahmee. I really do...*yawn*

His voice trailed off, and he fell into a deep sleep. It was all silent except for the soothing sound of his breaths. In the darkness and silence, I feel blessed to have the chance to love, and be loved in return.

I really really really feel that way, son. I really do... *
yawn*

7 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

yooo... so nice..so comfy... so adoring.. so cute.. such a gooly goody son u have.. u r really blessed..

The Seasonal One said...

So sweet. Would have melted my heart too

Sinkar said...

morning time gunipok still there? or under u liao..?

tasy said...

SO lonely meh?? Poor thing loh.. Banker not home yet ah? I cum back from kampung today.. let's back to MSN...

Raynebow said...

Aaww...so sweet! There's nothin purer and sweeter than a kid's unquestionable love!

mistipurple said...

AAAAAWWWwwwwwww..
*melts melts melts*

if i had a son like him, i think i will jialat buy him anything he want already.

Anonymous said...

claire - thanks :)

EW- So 'lum' hor?

Sinkar - I cabut to my own bed laa.. cos i knew that WOULD happen!

Gargies - You know also hoh.. u abandoned me

Raynebow - Unquestionable ah? That means I can take his last donut and he will stil love me hoh? :D

Misti - Quickly put u back in the freeeezerrrrr.. Melting leh u..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background