Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I Must Remember

While I told Gooly to get ready for lunch, I spied at the corner of my eye, that he had carefully dragged a chair next to his, and mightily pulled down Papah's heavy bag pack. I served his Majesty his simple lunch of rice with chicken and potato.

"Here, Mahmee, sit near near to me," he patted the chair lightly.

"Thanks for saving me a seat, " I replied lamely.

"Oh wow.. thanks for cooking for me. You are a good 'cooker'. I love you, mamah."

It struck me that I LOVE YOU, MAMAH is very much a part of his daily speech.

When I cook, he comes, partly to be a busy body, but mainly to say I LOVE YOU, MAMAH. Sometimes the oil splatters, and I don't reciprocate. I just holler, "Go .. go.. hot! Hot!"

When I tell him a funny story, he laughs. When he is done laughing, he says, I LOVE YOU, MAMAH. Sometimes I am too tired to say, "I love you too." I just smile and hope he understands.

When I wipe his puke on a bad coughing day, he says, "I'm sorry. Thanks for cleaning up. I LOVE YOU, MAMAH." Sometimes I am offended by the foul smell that all I can manage is, "Go back to sleep."

You see, I LOVE YOU, MAMAH serves like a punctuation for him. His speech is not complete without these words. I wonder if he is making up for the lost time in which he was a baby, and he couldn't tell me how much he loved me then? I shudder in fear to think he might be saying all the I LOVE YOUs now for he won't say them next time.

While watching him gobble up his rice heartily, I wondered if on an occasion where he drove me crazily angry, and I tied him up on a cactus and put him under the sun, would he walk in and say, "I LOVE YOU, MAMAH" after that?

I bet he would. His love is that great.

Now for the numerous time I'd forgotten, or had been too tired, too lazy, too angry to say it;

SON, I LOVE YOU TOO!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

wait till he is able to understand yr blog, he will be most touched and amused.. keep this blogging going..

Center Parted said...

That's so sweet! You have such a loving son, and one who's not afraid to express his feelings so readily and openly.

Good Gooly!!

mistipurple said...

...I tied him up on a cactus and put him under the sun..

HAHHAHAAA, you are a crazy mummy!!!

and yes, i lup you too.

tasy said...

*sniff* so gum toong.

i lap you too.. lap lap ling..

goolypop said...

claire, should i delete the cactus part ah? :P

goolypop said...

CP - thanks ! Ur dinos like that too? :)

goolypop said...

misti, u must be crazy too to lup me.. but i crazily like that,too

goolypop said...

gargies.. sui poh.. use a cleaner cloth, can or not?

Sinkar said...

1st thing 1st..

he knows apa maksud 'i lap u' onot sin..?

Anonymous said...

sinkar..he dunno, who knows wor.. You know meeeeahhhhhhh? :P

Anonymous said...

Quick quick give me a tissue. Sound of violin in the background...

Winn said...

this entry put tears in my eyes....i m not ham bau than gooly!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background