Monday, September 29, 2008

YOU WANT IT, YOU ASK FOR IT!

Have you ever been thru a series of unfortunate events and ended up being adamant about something which you wouldn't on another day? Here's an example: When you see an unwashed cup in the sink, you would have washed it on any other day. But on one of those damn day, the small cup irks you so much that you yell, and insist stubbornly that the cup be washed there and then by the culprit. With strong urgency and bull stubbornness you want the job done!

A while ago, Gooly woke and wanted his basketball pumped. We don't have a pump and so we had to cross over to the friendly neighbour's porch to use theirs. Every evening we passed by the house before reaching the park, and the old lady will call out Gooly's name. And does he reciprocate the friendliness? Nope.He hides behind me. And for months, I have been trying to coax him to at least smile. But to no avail.

So today.. I launched my DARE TO DISCIPLINE operation. "You want it, you go ask for it," I insisted. He wouldn't budge. "I won't do it for you!" I challenged. He was just as stubborn. "Go and ask it yourself!" I hollered. He started crying.

The sobs turned into wails turned into bawls. What did I achieved? Nothing. What did he get? Still a deflated ball.

It's one of those 'chimakan' days. Forgive us (while I go bang my head against the wall, and him, wallow in self-pity)

5 comments:

Center Parted said...

Gooly's Mahmee, don't be so hard on yourself. There are times you have to draw the line, set the boundaries.

I know I do that with my boys too. So long as its not done out of anger and ill will, but the need to instill values (in this case, courtesy and friendliness) I think you're okay!

Have a break... have a KitKat :)

goolypop said...

thanks Center Parted

*munch Kitkat*.. it's one of those short-fused days lar.. Usually i am quite cool ;)

Anonymous said...

Errhmmm... PMS izit? I get very irrational sometimes when it's that time of the month too, hehe! Get irritated by the very slightest thing...

tasy said...

Where's the haid song? I think PMS days are like that la. And when I am having one of those days, my banker sure goes into hiding..

Anonymous said...

ladies.. and gentleman..:P I also dun wan to be so the obvious laa.. u all tekpau me tim.. Heheheh!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background