Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Numero Uno

If someone were to ask me about my earliest childhood memories, I think I can retrieve many events from my ROM. Papah James is undeniably amazed at my data-retrieval system as he can't, much to his chagrin, recall what he had for dinner just a while ago. He remembers little about ANYTHING. And I am the sort to remember EVERYTHING.

I remember my Chim kindergarten uniform; puffy white sleeves with maroon cross-back pinafore. I remember feeling proud of my number 9 position in class. And sadly, I also remember being daunted by my evil, sinister aunt who claimed, number 9 is 'sapsapsui'; her unborn child will be No.1. This must be kiasuness at its prime.

Three years later, the prophesied number came true. And it was I who claimed it. Whether the forecasted child ever achieved numero uno, neither my mom nor I was interested, not in the least.

Was I motivated due to her brutal words? Did I want to prove her wrong? I don't think so. I remember thinking that she was a bully, and that I should not be affected. My ahbu must have parted some wisdom at that very moment of distress. Ah...my wise ahbu, who if could speak English, would probably say, "Up your arse!" Heee heee hee.. Her cantonese version is of course less harsh but synonymous; "Wa chi hui..!!" (don't be bothered).

Anyways, while walking on the stage to receive the 'buku cerita' award, I remember thinking, "No. 9 is indeed 'sapsapsui'. No. 1 isn't that hard either.." If only I had hung on to the philosophy a little longer. Being a Gemini, I lose interest easily. Teehee..

No.1? Been there, done that.. let's move on. That's Geminis' way of life. Bad or good, huh?

4 comments:

tasy said...

Show off your high IQ la, izzit?

goolypop said...

Gargies, pls call me ah kiew :P

Reanaclaire said...

wei..i nv get no. 1 before in school.. but now, got la..... NUMBER 1 WIFE... hehe

Anonymous said...

i number 1 mahmee also wor..:D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background