Monday, March 24, 2008

Serendipity

According to my trusted Wikipedia, serendipity is the effect by which one accidentally discovers something fortunate while looking for something else entirely. Say you are looking for the famous roti canai stall and got lost. Feeling too hungry to explore further, you decide to eat at the next stop and it turns out to be the best nasi kandar you have ever tasted. What a pleasant surprise. It is so pleasant that I think I should just psyche myself to stoicism, just so I become indifferent about everything only to be surprised later by new discoveries. To put it simply, I should head to Starbucks strictly for coffee, and (not) wait for serendipity to happen. Perchance another mummy will find me amusing and want to be friends. But then I read about Peter Mcwilliams who thinks," in reality serendipity accounts for one percent of blessings we received in life, work and love. The other 99% is due to our efforts. " So how, brown cow? I could be waiting forever for serendipity to happen. I should just smile and say hello, huh? And someone I know should really head down to THE GOOD GUYS. ; ) Efforts, my friend..

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background