Sunday, June 21, 2009

Ahmah Abin



There must be at least 10 kinds of pills my ahbu pops everyday.


Pink ones, white ones, yellow ones, black ones...


Triangular ones, squarish ones, cylinder ones, rounded ones...


Before meals, after meals, before sleep, when in pain..


I dunno.. I would have gagged swallowing them.

When I was younger, I absolutely hated taking pills. Ahbu had to bribe, sometimes with sweets .. sometimes with rectangular notes known as Wang Ringgit Lima Puluh Sahaja. Teehee.. Of course, my brother hated the idea, calling me a "money crazy girl" and suggested that I pinned the note on my forehead. Pure jealousy!

Oh.. and ahbu would also cut the pills into half (no matter how minuscule the pills were), and I'd open my mouth wide, and she would throw the pill right into the larynx. It was almost like feeding time at the zoo.

Anyways....

Back to ahbu...

What's consoling is.. she is getting fed as well, just like the little girl I once was.

The little boys compete to have a chance to feed her the pills. :)

"Ahmah abin," (Grand's medicine) says the 2 year old as he pushes the pill into her mouth.

"Ahmah abin," Gooly follows suit.

And ahbu opens her mouth wide with an exaggerated AHHHHHHHHHHH... and UHHHHHMMMM, she swallows with a gulp of water.

Without the boys, it would have been ...less appetizing, wouldn't it?

Yucks! I can feel them stuck at my throat.

2 comments:

rainbow angeles said...

mutt yeh is 'abin'? bahasa korea?

*sayang ahmah*

gooly thank you said...

abin is tong sampah.. bhs swahili.

bwahahaha..

*received and passed on sayang to ahmah* :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background