Thursday, December 11, 2008

My beloved nephews

They were here since yesterday as their parents went to PD for a getaway. We lined up a string of activities to keep them occupied. Everything we did, there would be something in thier mannerism that impress me. I shouldn't be too surprised as they have been the most angelic kids I have ever seen; very mild temperament. Their mom has often chided, "Like dinosaurs, extinct already!!"


Monopoly
First we played the bored board game. The youngest got to roll first, meaning Gooly. I didn't even have to suggest. The set back of the game was that I couldn't remember what I have purchased, but the kids were honest enough to cough up the mortagage when they landed on my property (they have much better memory). But what I couldn't understand was that they would insist on paying more even though they have the exact change, because with more notes, it gave them the impression that they were indeed richer. So a very simple fine of $120 could end up being very complicated as follows:
a. they gave me $150
b. I returned $50
c. they gave me back $30
d. I returned $... err.. whatever they demanded

Haha.. they probably know my math sucks. Meanwhile, Gooly hung on tight to his cash, refused to buy any train station or property. Aiyer.. no fun one.

Christmas Shopping
And then we headed out to the cheap toy store so that everyone gets to pick a RM10 pressie. No fuss at all. They put back the RM11 toy because rule is rule; no more than RM10.

Lunch
"What do you want for lunch?"
"Anything.."
"Pizza or KFC?"
"Too expensive la. Eat something cheaper la.."

Can? From a 9 year old?

The next day, we went to the Titiwangsa Park. The two boys fought in the car. Bwahahaha. I mean, they are perfectly normal. 90% angel, and then some devilish actions. The creme de la creme of the outing was having one of the boys teaching us the acronym of F.U.C .. you know the last letter.

Father Understands Chinese Kungfu, he told us.

Oh well, if they had not been naughty at times, I would wonder if they were programmed like robots. But still, I think my bro and sis-in-law had raised them well. Ting kwa kwa!

Now.. I had omitted earlier the part where Gooly took another cousin's toy and proclaimed as his. Haiya.. when the other boys were so well-behaved, my Gooly like that. Shy-nyer.... Tomorrow only story laa.

2 comments:

tasy said...

So fun geh? aiyah.. i should put my 3 kids with you to play bored games too la..the more the merrier mah

The Seasonal One said...

Wah so Angel one ah. At least you have example to help you model.

Don't put too much pressure on yourself la. Sometimes a change of environment is very unsettling for young children.

Sometimes cries help them ease their emotions. All depending on personality of the children. Some women likes to cry... at every occasion.

So, Gooly might not necessarily cry out of rebellion or demanding. If you can discern which is which, then it will help you to discipline accordingly.

The tough job we Mummies have to do *sigh*

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background