Saturday, December 6, 2008

A loud 'thud'

Though my Math sucks, I know how to do an estimation. Say for example, out of the ten times that Gooly's cousin visits:
a. 9/10 - some one will cry
b. 7/10 - some one will get hurt (verbally or physically)
c. 8/10 - some one will 'merajuk'
d. 10/10 - some one will get bashed up some serious scoldings

So, it's all very 'normal' at the house. But yesterday was a bit more than I could handle because a,b,c,d hamparang happened. Being the brute that he is, Gooly's cousin kicked him off the bed and I heard a loud 'thud' to be proceeded by an even louder 'waaaaaaa'.

Ouch, it must have hurt, because I was in the living room, and the 'thud' was emitted from the room, about 200m away.

Now, I am quite a cool person meaning I don't latah easily. (If Papah emergency-braked the truck, I don't scream or go, "WATCH OUT FOR THAT PIG CROSSING THE ROAD!". I don't know how I remain composed. And I often wonder if I could actually scream if I were mugged. Choy! Choy!)

And so, the first I did was to hold Gooly, and checked his cranium. Sayang-sayang, and asked what happened.

Gooly's version - Korkor kicked me and I fell. My head is painful.
Korkor's version - He want two balls. And then the room was very hot.

Obviously, the latter's version is by means a 'tukar topik' attempt. I know kids play rough, and accidents happen, so I didn't want to make a big deal out of it. So I made an impromtu speech on safety and playing safe, which the two participants nodded and I pressume, understood.

However, after I collected my thoughts (while munching down some 'tauyubak'), I decided not to let the boy off the hook so easily. I do worry that he will be as rough at school and get into some trouble. Hence:

1. do I tell his parents? (No matter how I phrase it, it will seem like a complaint, wouldn't it?)
2. do I ask Gooly to tell his parents? (No matter how he phrases it, it will seem like he is a tatter-tale, wouldn't it?)

And then TING! The light bulb lit. I told the boy to tell it himself. This is a chance for him to own up his wrong doings. And also to let the parents know his behavior. And lastly, to teach Gooly about forgiveness; that all must be forgotten once the bruises healed.

And the most important lesson I reiterated before we went to sleep: DO NOT DO WHAT KORKOR DID BECAUSE YOU KNOW IT HURTS.

Aiyer... I hope he gets it. Kecut wei....

8 comments:

Sinkar said...

Revenge Is A Dish Best Served Hot!

-quote Dr Doom (The Amazing Spiderman #146, pg 4)

tasy said...

with that idea, sure 100% the parents think you trying to be smart alec and wants to tiew-poot-lei-kan parents/son relationship... even tai wok!

poor gooly.. so sau-jui cum back to kl, he must have missed bangcock too like his mama, i bet.

mistipurple said...

scary so loud. check his head now and then ok? but kids' heads stronger than us, er i mean they can tahan falls better than us adults.

The Seasonal One said...

There was a stage in my children's life where they experience that too. Heart sick for the Mummy to see him kena bully. But they will live, I think.

At that age, very difficult to resolve things in a civilised manner. They are so demanding and wanting their way. They think the earth revolves around them ;-)

Good job on handling it. Gooly has a leveled headed Mummy. Better than how most Mummies would have handled.

goolypop said...

SInkar, only applicable when the opponent is you..

goolypop said...

gargies, err..how so ah? NAnti u explain kat aku..

goolypop said...

misti... kids more hard-headed? Anything to do with stubborness?

goolypop said...

EW.. ya man.. Headache.. and aw huit!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background