Friday, December 12, 2008

My Auto-Shut-Off mode

Tears.. cries.. whines.. These three elements are my auto-shut-off mode. The moment I hear them, my brain goes TIT just like the computer which keyboard has been pressed Ctrl + Alt+Del. Meanwhile, Gooly is such a hampao.

Sei moe?

So the past weeks have been torturous, for both him and me. He cried, and I refused to listen and give in, eventhough, or should I say, ESPECIALLY for small stuff. Just like the other day, he left his toy in his kaimai's car. Instead of asking for it, he started crying first. Instead of just getting it for him, I let him wail. So ended up, he had a bad day, and so did I!

And the story I was too shy to publish yesterday (:P). It was like this:

My sis bought a Christmas pressie for Gooly's cousin. Gooly has chosen his 'berching and shering' sound effects sword. But the moment he saw the other box, he took it under his arm and proclaimed as his. When my sis said it wasn't for him, guess what he did? Neh, paling pandai one? Cry la! What else?

Woi! This mahmee cannot stand such nonsense. So I dragged him into the room, with his cries of "Yee yee! Yee yee! Ah maaaa!" throughout the neighbourhood.

"IS this yours?" I asked.

"I don't want to answer, mama!"

Woi! I could feel my nostrils flaring, I tell ya. And he went on like a Bollywood actor, "Yee yee. I want Yee yee!" Obviously he thought Yee Yee would come to his rescue. For that, I have already planned ahead and locked the room. *evil grin*

After I calmed him down by holding him tightly, I explained about being greedy and other boring stuff. He got it, and returned the box.

Haiz! Most of the time, people say "it ended with tears." But for his case, it's always "starts off with tears." Grrr...

But after much self-reflection on the mirror (I admit, I am a bit of Narcissus), I should be more patient with him. At least let him cry two minutes, eh?

Anyone knows how to re-programme my internal software? Make it more tolerant towards Gooly's cries la..

5 comments:

tasy said...

I'm sure you chose auto-shut-mode than the take-the-cane-out-mode for better reasons. So, that's ok.. he will grow up too soon too fast and you'll miss the noises he make later.

mistipurple said...

i think it's normal lah. don't feel too bad. it's like 'want to teach a lesson' but run out of strength for proper reasons in the head kind of reason. if you know what i'm trying to say. because i don't already..

Reanaclaire said...

perhaps gooly got this hampau genes from mama gooly?? hehe

whatever.. it is natural effect, some like to cry out loud, some like envy inside..which one is better?

Sinkar said...

try 2 thick cotton balls that can fit ur ears will be a good start..

Raynebow said...

Biasa lah...coz u too manja him mah :P (all mothers do that!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background