Thursday, December 18, 2008

How on earth I got married Part 2

After I graduated, I balik kampung to KL. And he follow suit.

Between 1999 and 2002, nothing much happened. That's why sometimes I have to forgive him for his failing memory cos I do suffer the effects of gingko deficiency too. :P

Then one fine day, this conversation took place:


Me: Eh, want to get married ah?
Him: Need meh?
Me: Need laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

And he called his mom and mumbled something about a knife at his neck and marriage. -_-

I began making lil notes in a lil booklet about the one-year ahead plan, until he discovered it, and started to sabotage it by making silly comments like "NO MONEY" under my pathetic drawing of a tube gown. Flipping through the pages now, I realised he called me DING DONG a lot last time.

We went to Poh Kong and bought a diamond ring. He had to china-fied it by buying Magnum with the receipt number. But good thing was, we kena lottery! Woohoo! He offered to use the easy-earned (how often can we say that??) money for a bigger diamond. I declined and still hitting my head against the wall today.

The next thing to do was to decide on the date. Picking a weekend that coincides with a celebration (my birthday, his birthday or Christmas) would be one less date to remember. But marriage is never about convenience, is it? Darn! And so we had to pay a visit to the infamous Loh Tit 8. In less than 5 minutes, we got the dates along with some do's and dont's which we didn't intend to follow, and hey presto, we were Rm100 poorer.

Being the ever independent and weird bride to be, I went to bridal shops with a girl friend, instead of him. Seriously, would a guy be interested in deciding the gown for his bride? I didn't care if he did. Thank God he couldn't care less cos I'd surely stab him with the stilettos if he were the type to say, "Too fat, too short, too long, too pouffy, too revealing." There is a time and place to be opinionated, agree?

While we looked like odd lesbo partners (my friend and I), we didn't care. I tried on gaudy gowns but being pear-shaped, only tube gowns with can-can bottoms suited me. And I totally detested the idea of VVIP gown selection with additional charge. I didn't care if the package came with a 3 ft by 3ft poster because, helloh! 3 years down the road, I will vomit looking at myself with the hideous hair-do and make up. And guess what? I didnt have to wait that long to hate the look on MY wedding poster (which I cleverly decided not to post here. Haha!)

Anyways, I remember clearly about a photo album on display at one of the bridal shops. The bride's armpit stubbles were visible. My oh my... I thought digital enhancement was possible.

Come to think of it, I don't know why I bothered with the studio shots. I knew my smiles will look fake, my pose stiff, my face..fat. Hmm.. for fun, I guess. And it was pretty fun actually. We had a nice photographer who obliged our requests of:
a. just white backdrops
b.no kissing shots
c. no dreamy-i-am-so-in -love shots

In return, I compromised with the hairdos. The 3 storey-high hairdo was removed to a much subtle looking one after a few shots. I didnt want the kimono, spanish, korean costumes because I am a Chinese. I didn't want to do an outdoor shot because of the weather.

Hence, instead of "I WANT I WANT I WANT" the studio was pleased for once with the odd "KEEP IT SIMPLE" couple. A few weeks later, we went to collect the album. As expected, I looked like my mom. A photocopy version..

Today the dusty poster hung over the bed. Gooly asked if the bride was me. And I just had to test him: "Pretty or not?"

"Just a little bit.."


Char toe...........

Part 3 tomorrow..

6 comments:

tasy said...

wah.. this is much better than astro on demand. get my popcorn sinnn...

Anonymous said...

Hmm...why suddenly so hiao ah? Hormonal imbalance meh? But good oso...got story to listen... must get my t'ng chai and kuachi...

mistipurple said...

i like your style. simple and straight to the point.

Anonymous said...

i think the photo came out good...value for money.

Anonymous said...

ello...this is yr husband...haha found yr site from office computer. y so hiao? I miss and love u and gooly too.

rainbow angeles said...

note to "yr husband"... hiao is good.. not hiao is BAD! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background