Friday, April 11, 2008

Imagine




I am a simple person. I smile easily. I laugh easily. Especially so when with children. Unfortunately even children don't always get along. They always want the exact same thing at the same time. They push and shove. They boycott. And they spit.

Situations are exacerbated when the bully-parents snigger, or suddenly choose to live by the rule see-no-evil, hear-no-evil, speak-no-evil. It is as though they have suddenly gone blind, deaf and mute. If you feel they are ashamed and thus the silent reverie, I hate to burst your bubble. They are instead gloating, thinking that their child is some kind of superhero who again proved that he is an aggressive species and thus will SURVIVE in this dog-eat-dog world. I only have one thing to say. My son is a not a dog, and so will not behave like one.

Of course kids will be kids. They behave unexpectedly. They cannot be angels all the time. But the world will seem nicer if the parents themselves have manners and make an effort to correct a child's behavior.

Does it hurt if you tell your child to let the other boy to go on the slide first instead of ushering him to be NO.1 in line, as though the slide leads to heaven and the Pearly Gate is about to close. Let's not even try to fathom why the parent thinks the son is going to heaven.

Much to my delight, Sawisekilo shares the same sentiment. His son, WT and gooly had a great time today with squeals of laughter and bouts of silly banters.

"Is it my turn?" was answered with, "OK, go ahead." A painful cry was appeased by a gentle pat and "I am sowry." And my favourite is when the two bradders took apart a toy and shared the bits and pieces of what was once Mr. Power Ranger.

Imagine all the people, living live in peace, I quote Mr. Lennon.

And yes, you may say I'm a dreamer. But heck, I am not the only one! At least I have Sawisekilo to walk the rest of the journey of motherhood with me.

Thanks, Sawisekilo. And to the other dogs, wipe the foam off your mouth, get your rabies shot and quit spreading unwanted germs.

1 comment:

sawisekilo said...

colonel n ronald , u r d best!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background