Tuesday, April 15, 2008

He said, he mused

This is a backdated post on the things Gooly said which amaze and amuse me still. I had often wondered that it will be a lot easier to fathom my child's thinking if the brain comes with an LCD screen showing the details that preceded his conclusions.

For example he has thought that the rooster wears a bow tie. Was it because of the redness of the wattle? He had also wondered if it produces milk when squeezed, just like a cow's udder. *chuckles*

On the day when the sun was exceptionally bright, he concluded that it's made of a huge egg yolk. A little later, he learned about the gravity when he wondered why the soft bear he threw up doesn't stay up. Another night, he insisted that plants grow down at night since they grow up during day. I guess he learnt his opposites a little differently.

On some days he wished he could work but lamented that he doesn't have a bow tie yet. Today he reckoned that Rabbit is Pooh Bear's mummy (I sneakily think it's because Rabbit has a nasty temper just like yours truly) and Owl is the papah.

The latter makes sense, doesn't it? Owls are often portrayed as wise, solemn and preachy- common traits of the paternal kind.

Oh yes, my son talks, asks, wonders, demands for answers. I get impatient at times. But I know I should be really thankful instead.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background