Thursday, September 16, 2010

Gooly dances

We got a new CD in the player.

I think my mom rummages thru the neighbour's garbage when she goes for her morning walks. Otherwise, why would there be a non-original pasar malam MODERN TALKING CD in my house?

Anyways, Modern Talking...the songs I know are Brother Louie~ Louie~ Louie~ and Yamahait Yamaso~ but neither of the songs came on after 3 or 4 songs. I was beginning to suspect that it wasn't Modern Talking after all because the singer sounded like a cross between Cher and Anita Mui.

Not that Gooly minded. He was dancing himself silly. It was hard not laugh. Despite me being a Jiggy Queen, my son alas did not inherit my dancing genes. His movements were stiff and too complicated. Out of the blue, he would throw an inappropriate kungfu kick. And then an awkward split in the air. The robotic moves were alright but a tad too predictable.

So Simon-Cowell-mom was in her usual position, lying on the bed, having a gala time hurling insults some cool dance moves. {shake your bon bon..yeah..that's right..shake it!} And then..

..he outstretched his hand and said, "Dance with me, Mom."

*groan*

I was really lazy but how often do you get invited to dance by your son? Knowing that the next time he ask will be during his wedding day, or maybe not?

What the heck.. I put on my dancing shoes and did a silly twirl with my son.

When I have more energy next time, I will teach him the Y.M.C.A. (and then he will know not to ask me to dance, ever again!)

4 comments:

The greatest dance queen said...

I guess the sudden split in the air is not part of the dance move, but a need to release air with style. Ok, but what the heck! No vid meh? Cheh!

BoeyJoey said...

Brother Louie? That was a few decades old! Gooly likes them? Lucky you... feels young again, hor? ;-)

goolypop said...

ah dancing queen che-che, fong pei mm hai gum fong geh.. sau sin, yew jak gor maa.. kanju wan dumbo face.. and then only release to her face geh maa..

Bjoey, yoh.. my era is Justin Bieber one wor.. Babeh babeh babeh oooooh~~~ :P

Mamapumpkin said...

Omg, I used to HATE modern talking!!! T1 knows the YMCA moves, mebe she can teach Gooly. Eh, start training now - wedding MUST ask Mama to dance!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background