Friday, February 6, 2009

Theirs and ours

After an unpallatable course of chocolate ice kacang topped with thinly sliced strawberries, I confessed to Gooly that I didn't like it that much. It was all too nouveau.

Me: It's too weird. Chocolate ice kacang..
Gooly: I like it.. but the ice melted.
Me: Yeah..
Gooly: Why does ice melt?
Me: Yeah...
Gooly: How come ice melt?
Me: Yeah.. *starts recollecting all chemistry, physics and biology lessons while trying to remain composed and calm*
Gooly: Mama, do you know?
Me: *inhales* Yeah.... I don't know. *exhales*

Prof. Sinkar and other equally sinkalan learned, educated friends, perchance you have paid more attention at school? Kindly help...

While Gooly's mind wonders about molecules (or was it atoms) and other 'worthy' matters, I was tangled in an equally frustrating cerebral issue. At 9892+230-8273x2 = y (I am hoping you will give up guessing my chinese horoscope and 'insignificant' age number), a few friends of the same era have seem to lost erm..their mind. One has to tap in the parking number into her handphone so that she can find her pootpoot car later. Sometimes she takes pictures of the parking bay pillars. Another has become slow in catching my jokes. I talk.. and then there is silence.. and suddenly came the half-expected uncontrollable and spasmodic laughter. It's almost a ten-second delay in response, I kid you not..

If I were an animator, I'd probably illustrate Gooly's and other kiddo's brains fizzing and fuzzing actively with sparks spewing; busy thinking and wondering. Ours will be smoky...a little mouldy. With a stamp "ALMOST OBSOLETE".. I kid you not..

Arrghhhhhhhhhh! Kaumeng ah.....

7 comments:

tasy said...

Ice melts because global warming, one day there will be no more ice left on earth and the whole earth will be flooded and everyone will be drown.. so miserable, hoh?

Have to teach them from young, save the earth!

With regard to the dwindling memory capacity, while you forget that you were the one who just farted a moment ago, you find that you also remember the events when you were young very clearly, izzit?

Poor thing, it's a sign of Alzheimer's. Do check with your physician. I'm a psychiatrist, you may come see me if you want as well. OK, I suppose there's too much to digest for one day, I'll leave at this. Whatever you don't understand, go and ask sinkar. He'll be able to screw your head even more.

*run run run*

Anonymous said...

where to get the chocolate ice kacang? Y never bring me go eat?

Anonymous said...

Ice melt cause the sun suck it away.

Anonymous said...

GG: I read that someone on FB status kenot sleep at night. Also a sign of aging. Erm.. ah.. hai mai leh ah?

Anonymous said...

Anon: choco icekacang..yucks. Dun wan bring u go..

Anon: The sun got no mouth, how to suck?

Anonymous said...

*flip flip tongsing*

ah.. liddis one. room temperature is 34°c. Ice temperature is 0°c. so, 34x0=0. 0 means nothing. Based on this equation, the ice will turns to nothing thus the melting process. In BM, we called this Kitar Nitrogen.

Anonymous said...

prof.. u know where to do a Nobel PRize nomination not? I think you qualify for the bio-chemistry cum bhs Inggeris sector..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background