Friday, February 13, 2009

Kungfu Hustle


Do you know..

..that my father was a kungfu master?

Don't pray pray.

We used to stay in a bungalow with a big compund. But I think if revisited, it wouldn't seem so big. There was a sign, with some chinese words and a tiger leaping forward hung on the wall. I reckon it said something like "SHAOLIN SCHOOL OF ARTS".

Haha.. achah je. I must remember to ask my master shifu later the name of the illegal set-up.

Anyways, I remember once a week, fellow comrades will gather at the compound to learn kung fu. Hiak! Huak! Hick! Very macho, indeed. Being the youngest, I was always prompted to learn along. And so cutie-pie me with sweaty head will 'chak ma' (the horse stance) and huak hiak hick together. Like real..

After sweating it out, the hustlers usually lepak a while and being responsible to the society, the shifu always delivered speeches about learning kungfu as a form of self-defence, and not to pick fights. When attacked, RUN and lapor polis. Hee hee..what crap.

When Micheal Hui's comedy became more popular compared to Bruce Lee's brutal ones, the student intake for our club also plunged. Soon the establishment was dissolved.

But I will fondly remember the way the uncle bus hollered, "KUNGFU KIDS" just before reaching our house, and the four of us will trot forward.

I will also remember how my shifu taught me THE FORK move. It's quite hard but I mastered it. When attacked, use the index and middle fingers to form a fork and poke the bugger's eyes.

Do you think there is a highly sacred scroll hidden in the house some where? Cos frankly, I don't think THE FORK is very canggih..
*fades in EVERBODY LOVES KUNGFU FIGHTING..*

4 comments:

toughcookie said...

whoa... Gua banyak takut.

Erm could you also sepit lalat or nyamuk using your chopsticks??

tasy said...

Can show the Foshan mou-ying-keok for us next time? That one good to deter the molestors or pintai-loe... right at that spot!

After Michael Hui's comedy became popular, I believe you took over from the master and sau-thoe-dei jor....right? Finally hit right at what you do best!

Anonymous said...

Toughie, eleh..that one 'sap sap suey' la. But usually we prefer to sepit kacang cap Ngan Yin la.. can eat ma..

Anonymous said...

GG, that time my talent stil undiscovered woh. Since I met you...the fate changed somehow..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background