Thursday, February 12, 2009

Chicken and Duck talk

"Hui kong mat yeh?" (What did he say?), my ah bu asks all the time. I will translate the best I can. Laughter is guaranteed to ensue. She finds whatever Gooly says to be funny, amusing, amazing and charming.

If she were instructed to do the alphabet, she'd probably do it like this:

ABcDefGHiJ.... and so on. You get the drift. English is clearly not my ah bu's forte.

Meanwhile, Gooly communicates mainly in English. The only non-E words he knows are, "jiak, kai kai, koon, sai".

So there, we have a pair of chicken and duck in da house. And still, they would talk. Everyday, there will be some anecdotes pertaining to farts. And the two 'fowls' would laugh themselves silly.

Using her limited vocabulary, she is nonetheless able to get Gooly to do things that I hate to repeat myself i.e taking his afternoon naps and finishing his meal. She triumphantly announces her success:

"I pujuk him to finish one bowl of rice."

"I conned him into sleeping."

Oh well, her usual technique involves something cold in a shape of a cone. "Ahmah says I can have an ice cream later." he quips. My nostrils flare, but deep down, I am silently pleased that Gooly is pampered.

Of late, Gooly wishes to sleep with her in the afternoon. "I want ahmah.".

When I scold, he also wants ahmah.

He requests 2 cups of water, one for him, one for ahmah.

He says 'lah, mah,aiyah' so ahmah can understand him better.

An imbecile once said, "I will be sad if my baby sayang her grans more than me, the mummy." I have also heard mummies getting offended, jealous, heart-broken when the child prefers the other generation.

Me? Well, I'm glad I brought ducky Gooly home to love and be loved by his cheeky chicken ahmah.




4 comments:

tasy said...

You look like her indeed! Like twin sister. I think Gooly slowly can't differentiate the 2 of you soon because of mahmee=ahmah. Either she looks young or you look old.. you choose la.

Anonymous said...

GG - I choose to 'toot toot' you!

:P

Reanaclaire said...

hey.. how come same face with u one? haha...so when u r in the ..... years, u look like yr ah ma ma definitely... wah..exactly like coming out from biscuit mould la..

Anonymous said...

Nice picture. Look the same men? I don think so.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background