Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Journey North

I don't remember if I have driven long distance.. Hmm.. I suppose that means I am lucky to be chauffeur-driven all this while (also means that taxis are abundant in Bangkok).

When I announced that I will be making a 5 hour trip up north, with Gooly, the reactions were somewhat the same; awed and pity.

"Woah.. the Jelapang there very tricky..bengkang bengkok.."

"Gooly can sit still meh?"

"Can or not oh you?"

I admit I was 99% sure I can do it, and 1%, can I do it?

So yesterday, I started the engine, and ejected THE BEST 95 CHILDREN SONGS cd from the player. Within PJ vicinity, I could still stand YANKEE DOODLE CAME TO TOWN repeatedly. 5 hours of the same songs, can die, you know?

Titt tiit tiit..88.9 FM came on air.. There isn't one local DJ I fancy,you know. They talk too much about insignificant issues. They laugh at their own jokes. They play childish pranks. And so I was visibly pleased that 88.9's DJ went on a pangsai/lunch break cos there were only songs, no banal banters. The selection of songs were good, nothing too POP:

a. Isabella, rap version
b. Viva la vida
c. Baa baa black sheep..HOI! That bugger sneakily touched the dial
d. TIT, back to radio.. Weeehu..weeehu (Gwen's)

We left at about 11.30am. Using my mental arithmetics, I reckoned that Gooly will be bugging for food at approximately 1.32pm and we would be somewhere in ulu SUNGKAI then. So I decided to tarpao Mc D, much to his delight. Kopi for me, puhleeeze....

Chun chun at SUNGKAI WANG, he said, I'm hungry. And so I did a 180 degree F-1 swerve to the tandas awam stop. Kreeech... Opened up the oily paper package, and got a whiff of the aromatic hash browns. Mmm... jom makan.

And I sempat to go online. Ya man, tandas stop also main Wi-Fi. Replied a couple of comments, read one chisin post, and suddenly.. "Mahmee, I want to pangsai.." Cilaka..potong stim.

After carefully choosing the nicest cubicle, and some 'eeeengh..eeeengh...' action (eat more vege, son), we went back into the car. To my dismay, my Wi-fi connection went poof! Vanished! Together with my 88.9FM! *start Ding Dong Bell, Pussy in the well* Sigh..

*start engine again*

Anyways, even without the radio on, the drive was pleasing enough..rather scenic.


Salem High Country tak? Of course this pic wasn't taken by me. :P I drive with both hands, wokeh! (Alaska mia picture actually) But I swear somewhere around Lembah Beringin, the view was like that. I could almost hear:

I see skies are blue..
Red roses too..
I see them bloom for you and me..
What a wonderful world..

It's strange how I never noticed such greenvilles before. Oh.. cos I was always sleeping in the car. Heheh..

We passed by Bukit Merah Resort, Genting, Tasik Pedu, Gua Sampo, Batu Feringghi, Taiping Zoo.Ipoh..(Helloh, Claire!). I was tempted to cuticuti a bit. You know.. a road trip with Gooly.. in a convertible.. me with big scarf on my head.. big sunnies.. Gooly chewing gum... HOI! Wake up lah! Balik kampung ah.. cuti what la..

Gooly was good..must give credit when due. He didn't sleep as instructed or hypnotised. 'Go to sleep go to sleep go to sleep' didnt work. "Are we there yet?" per hour was bearable. Grunting rock songs and screeching ballads were also tolerable. The fearful "I really want to wee wee and pangsai" in the middle of no where didn't happen.

and then..

SELAMAT DATANG KE ALOR STAR.. Yeah! We made it.

Not too bad. Shall we do it again, Gooly? Sure.. let's stop at SUNGKAI WANG next time. :)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

and u mean u didn't stop by melaka makan chicken rice, seremban for the siupao, trengganu for the lekor, kuching for the kolomee??

wasted!

tasy said...

last night here a big party celebration going on, with fireworks some more, not to celebrate you arrive AS safely, but the fact you jau-loe-jor!!!

(ok ler, admit got miss you a bit, a bit only, wokay)

goolypop said...

Prof! Now onli u suggest! But never mind!.. in May got Letour de Langkawi.. I think the route about the same like what u said. Jom kita join! *gring gring BMX stand by*

goolypop said...

GG, yesterday is sempena CHOR YAT laa... Got eat vege not? Or you go tongkai wansan?

(dunno what i did past life to deserve you)

Reanaclaire said...

Luen lei one, u.. dont believe u went up north.. but can bluff the ang-mo nang la..

"We passed by Bukit Merah Resort, Genting, Tasik Pedu, Gua Sampo, Batu Feringghi, Taiping Zoo.Ipoh.."

the above mentioned bocor leow..
next time wanna bluff, study geog well well first.. boleh?

I also wont forgive u if u really bypass IPOH and never give me a call..

tasy said...

haha.. claire ah claire, she REALLY went up north wor..

And she made it by all the detours to those places before reaching her destination, initially she asked me if it's nearer to go past kota tinggi, redang and tioman, i advised her leave those for the next time laa, now tht sinkar suggested the kuching route too, I sure gonna join in that fun the next time!

Reanaclaire said...

really? my goodness..isnt that a longer way.. gua sampo.. i tot that is sam poh toong? wei..i m confused.. teen ah..

Anonymous said...

cikgu claire..aiyo.. in random maaa! Aprah..

Ok la ok la.. I didnt pass Ipoh la..Jgn mareh..

Anonymous said...

GG, ppl got invite you meh???

heheheheh

tasy said...

goolyniasing,
say that one more time...

*roll up sleeves*

goolypop said...

GG niama,

Say one more time ma one more time la!
Louder some more..

I WAN TO INVITE YOU!!!

*roll down sleeve for you*

tasy said...

LOL!!!!

Anonymous said...

Haha...u orang-ah, so funny. Should stop by Menglembu to eat wantan mee, Taiping for cha siew pau, Penang for hokkien mee. Mm..yummy

goolypop said...

Cy..wrong la u.. Menglembu is ngan yin kacang maa?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background