Monday, July 14, 2008

Sky high dreams

Carrying a conversation with Gooly can be tiresome when he is in the mood for the endless and unneccesary 'whys'. But very often I realised, if I have had the patience and method right, his questions are never unnecessary. This conversation took place today:

Gooly: Why is the sky high up and not down?
Me: What do you mean? That's how God made it.. to separate the sky and the ground.
Gooly: But why? I want the sky to be down..
Me: *baffled* You can't have the sky down.. where will the birds and aeroplanes fly?

He seemed fairly dissapointed. So I asked, "Why do you want the sky down?"

"Because I want to touch the clouds," was his reply.

I think that's a very good reason for his request. So I told him about sky diving and parachuting in which he can try in future. He seems satisfied.. He wondered if the clouds will be soft.. Oh yes, do tell mahmee when you know. :)

After a few moments of silence, he declared, "I will go at night so I can touch the moon too.."

That boy can really dream...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

that shows yr kid is smart..perhaps smarter than the mum..

goolypop said...

aiyo claire.. like marder like son ma.. marder not smart, son how to be smart wor.. ;)

Anonymous said...

gooly, you continue to ask why why why as many times as you want, ok? even if it drives your mummy up the wall.. he he

goolypop said...

BBH- hop over to HKK there.. we settle there.. deng deng deng..

tasy said...

so inspirational dreams. your son is going to make it big one day, I tell ya!

goolypop said...

Gargies.. I kembang oredi...Thanks wor.. The fact that he dreams, i also happy oredi..

Raynebow said...

Kids' perception about life and things can be so simple yet profound. The simplest things bring the greatest joy...enjoy Gooly completely for as long as you can esp. this phase when he ASKS you "Why"! Later on, he will be TELLING you "Why"...haha...cham then! :P

Sweetpea said...

beautiful dreamer...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background