Friday, July 18, 2008

Just to say goodbye

Early in the morning, the first thing that wakes me up is the sound of footsteps of that little fella. It's always a heavy thud first; he likes jumping down the bed. And then thudthudthudthud; he runs as fast as those little toes can manage to our toilet. My ears keep check of the gushing 'fountain' and then *koosh* he flushes. Straight out to the bed, and he checks, "Papah?" I don't know why but I always pretend to be still asleep. Once he sees that I am not the one he is looking for, he rushes downstairs, "PAPAH?"

That's about the time I lunge my heavy assets out of the bed and be prepared for the, "I WANT MY PAPAH..."

It irks me to have to console, cajole, sayang that fella when my brain is still not functioning (yeah, it starts ticking only after the coffee). And very frankly, I am tired telling him the same thing, "Elloh! Papah has gone to work! Don't work, where got money buy food?

But the last few mornings, he woke up slightly earlier, and was very happy to see that Papah was still downstairs. I was embracing myself for the crying bouts when Papah left. Kinda imagined him hanging on to the papah's legs while bawling, "NOOO!" But he didn't wor. He stood at the gate and waved baibai and even said cheerily, "See you later, papah"

Ah.. he just wants to send his papah off to work. It's quite sweet, ain't it? To wake and say goodbye to the one he loves? I should do that more often. (Yeah, if papah starts work at erm.. about noon?)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wake up early, wear apron, cook breakfast then when husband goes to work, go to the gate there and bow bow bow.... eh? sounds like japanese wives leh... cannot.. change script..

goolypop said...

*yawn* Pls change script and add extra crew of maid, gardener, butler, prince, driver, chef.. might as well make it into a fairy tale laa.. since we have control of it :)

tasy said...

go to work in the noon? "yau ching yam sou bau".. just drink water to survive, then ok loh.

that is meant for me only, not necessary you too, okay?

for me, everyday i put on my hullahu skirt and cheer on my hubby to go to work happily and earn more money for me... go go go..

goolypop said...

gargies, ok then i also semangat jor. *puts gooly on shoulder* aiseh, no dog, if not can do a pyramid formation to cheer banker on hor?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

background